WEIRD Evo Issue

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So I just got my Evo tonight, and I'm having this really bizarre issue that has me a little concerned. Basically, I tried sending a text message, and it wouldn't go through. But when I hit okay to acknowledge the error, instead of clearing the warning it just kept popping up. It did this about a dozen times before I gave up and restarted. But, it keeps doing it. Its so random and I'm at a loss about what to do.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a network connection? If a text doesn't go out your EVO will keep re trying until it sends. Can you make phone calls on you EVO?

Dave

peabodyx

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
did you port your number over? I had the same problem when I first got mine, when the sprint guy sent me on my way, we never completed a call and officially got my stuff activated. so i was sitting there trying to send texts and nothing worked until I tried to make a call and I went through a few steps to get everything activated and set up.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
did you port your number over? I had the same problem when I first got mine, when the sprint guy sent me on my way, we never completed a call and officially got my stuff activated. so i was sitting there trying to send texts and nothing worked until I tried to make a call and I went through a few steps to get everything activated and set up.

That's what it was. I got it at Best Buy, and the guy decided to let me do the unboxing and everything since I told him how geeked out I was to get it. I never tried to make a call, so I didn't know. Its all set and working now though.

Shame that I can't get a good WiMax signal in my house though...

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
That's what it was. I got it at Best Buy, and the guy decided to let me do the unboxing and everything since I told him how geeked out I was to get it. I never tried to make a call, so I didn't know. Its all set and working now though.

Shame that I can't get a good WiMax signal in my house though...

Meh, indoors wifi > wimax.

However, getting wimax in the house to use when the home ISP goes down... and then using the phone as a hotspot is freaking awesome. Other than latency, wimax is a good backup home ISP... =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC