My evo is uninstalling apps by its self randomly

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont know whats going on but it happend twice today.. It uninstalled apps and it left the icons saying this app is no longer there.. or something... also while i was on oovoo i got a random reset..

Should i get a new phone?

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Apps from the app door or widgets from the today screens. If you reset the device sometimes some widgets won't reload themselves you have to remove them then put them back. This can happen when Sense developed an issues and force closes. It will leave a dark square on your screen that says problem loading widget. Just remove it and reinstall the widget.

I hope that helps,
Dave

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
In my experience some widget combinations can cause sense to force close itself its rare but it can happen. Explain what you are seeing better how do you know the apps are being deleted?

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
i have the same problem, but its random apps, its happened twice in the past 2 weeks that i had to go in the market and install the app all over again

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It would say apps are no longer installed. So i would remove icon then go download it again.. It happend twice with 2 or more apps at once

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen this discussed before I wonder what is going on here with you guys. What apps are getting deleted can you try to reproduce what is causing this or should I say what you are doing when this happened? Have you visited the market are you using app brain are you guys rooted?

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I rooted once and removed it 10 min later because it was to compicated for me. (came from preware :p)

So its not from rooting... so Im a little confused whats going on. I never used app brain.

TheWheel#AC

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem with the Optimus. I have never rooted. Basically, apps keep disappearing from my device and I have to reinstall them. It is different apps every time. I am not sure whether they are actually uninstalling or just disappearing because usually when I reinstall, my settings are still there. So somehow it is saving my settings even though the app disappears. It is the most annoying thing since I go to use an app and it is gone and I have to reinstall it when I want to use it. This has happened about 10 times over the last week or so.

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Unmount then remount the SD then restart then that should do the trick and you have to let the SD card load before going to the apps.

kuscoot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had that problem over the last two days. Mainly with barcode reader. I am rooted. I will go to the place where all the apps live and its not there. I then go to Titanium and click on reinstall or whatever it says and then it will be fine. Until the next time it is gone . . . I've also had some of my widgets and shortcuts disappear. . . .I loaded Fresh three days ago and it was stable until this dealio. I don't know what's up.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
GoogleWARE officially came online on January 28, 2011 at 4:42PM EST. I was sent here via myTouch though 4G by TMoUS as I was created by HTC to fight and freeze all smartphone in my path, thus my code name was given Glacier.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX