Did a permanent root with z4root but titanium back up says my device isnt rooted

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
So through the help of android central, i finally rooted with z4root on my evo. I did the permanent root option. It rebooted my device then i turned off debugged mode and launched titanuim backup. It keeps saying im not rooted...

Sent From Tapatalk.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So through the help of android central, i finally rooted with z4root on my evo. I did the permanent root option. It rebooted my device then i turned off debugged mode and launched titanuim backup. It keeps saying im not rooted...

Sent From Tapatalk.

Z4root only works temporary root on the evo

Here is their thread it says it in the not permant section
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

If you need permenant root i think
thefredelemnt here in the forums can help you

Reactions: Jason Black

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Gezzz man... i did the temp root but titanium back up is still telling me that im not rooted... confusion..

Also, it didnt install busybox like it's s suppose to.

Sent From Tapatalk.

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
i actually sucessfully rooted with unrevoked 3 today. Thanks for the help. Its not hard at all. I was scared that i might brick the phone but its so easy to do.

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I too could not get z4root to work and took the plunge with unrevoke.
One thing I did NOT realize and was not stated clearly anywhere I read is that the unrevoke process does NOT wipe your device! This was a huge reason I did NOT root in the last few months. I did NOT want to go and reload all my apps and data again. In any case thought it was fairly important to throw that little nugget out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith