Skype to aquire Qik

Corrosive

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Right... but would they end up merging the 2 companies? I know Skype wants to get video on android ASAP, but spending 100 million on Qik does not seem like a bargain if thats really all you want.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Or perhaps they wanted to acquire Qik before they developed a PC client.... just a thought.

Just wish they would quit dragging their damn feet, I refuse to use Tango or Yahoo when all my friends/family already use Skype....

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This just makes me sick... If skype becomes an exclusive verizon service for android video chat I will be pissed. I am sick of the corporate bull#%+:. We, the consumers are getting screwed. I am going to boycott skype. I am sure a new service will come along to put skype in their place.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Uh... even more motivation for Google Video Talk? Wtf skype verizon exclusivity makes me sick, as it should Google

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Uh... even more motivation for Google Video Talk? Wtf skype verizon exclusivity makes me sick, as it should Google

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The announcement said that Skype video chat was coming to Verizon.... but not that Skype would be exclusive to V. Skype may later announce that they're on other carriers.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
The announcement said that Skype video chat was coming to Verizon.... but not that Skype would be exclusive to V. Skype may later announce that they're on other carriers.

I agree, take a look at the Skype voice client. It was Vz exclusive for only 4 months or so? Then it came out for all Android clients on the market.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I hope you are correct. I was really hoping that they would announce skype video calling for android at CES. I get so irritated that it takes SOOOOO long for the apps to get released for Android and iPhone always gets it first. This is where all of my beef with iPhone comes from....

Sometimes makes me want to switch to iphone just so I know I will get all the cool apps first.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I hope you are correct. I was really hoping that they would announce skype video calling for android at CES. I get so irritated that it takes SOOOOO long for the apps to get released for Android and iPhone always gets it first. This is where all of my beef with iPhone comes from....

Sometimes makes me want to switch to iphone just so I know I will get all the cool apps first.
Hopefully, now that Android has taken a slight edge over iOS in the US phone market, developers will begin to program for Android first...

From what I've heard, however, it seems that it's easier to program apps for iOS than it is for Android, so it may yet be a while before we start seeing more things come out for Android first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol