Suddenly volume is WAY too loud - NOT hearing aid activated!

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I changed some type of setting accidentally or if this changed with the update to Froyo that I did the other day but my in call volume is so loud that it hurts my ear and I have to hold it away from my head during calls. Everyone around me can clearly hear the entire conversation. I checked the hearing aid setting and it is not on.

Any suggestions? I keep trying to lower the volume on the rocker and it is as low as it will go. I can't use the phone this way - it is really THAT loud!

Thanks!

Mr.Geek

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I was looking around and found out that it's a hardware problem. You'll have to take it to a Sprint Store. They'll give you the latest hardware revision, or if you haven't tried theres an app called "Sound Manger" try that.

Mr.Geek

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was looking around and found out that it's a hardware problem. You'll have to take it to a Sprint Store. They'll give you the latest hardware revision, or if you haven't tried theres an app called "Sound Manger" try that.

Mr.Geek

Just downloaded Sound Manager and it shows my in call volume as low as it will go. Is it a hardware problem that just came to light with the new update? Otherwise, why didn't I have this problem before?