Road Runner email not syncing

SphincterBoy

May 11, 2010
Visit site
The Evo has been handling my Time Warner Road Runner account (Exchange Server?) without a problem since day 1 (6/4/10)...until recently. The only thing that has changed is the emails are not being removed from my phone once they download onto my PC. I didn't change any settings - and can't find any to change in regard to that. Any idea what I can to do to get them to automatically delete from the phone upon download to the PC?

Reactions: zephyr82

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
The Evo has been handling my Time Warner Road Runner account (Exchange Server?) without a problem since day 1 (6/4/10)...until recently. The only thing that has changed is the emails are not being removed from my phone once they download onto my PC. I didn't change any settings - and can't find any to change in regard to that. Any idea what I can to do to get them to automatically delete from the phone upon download to the PC?

Time Warner / Road Runner does NOT give you an EAS account. You're using pop3--ActiveSync will do what is sounds like, sync all your email devices, not delete from server.

It sounds like you want email to not show up on your PHONE. Which sorta tells me what you want to change is on your computer. Whatever client you're using for pop3, you can change the setting to delete mail on the pop server after downloading.

I recommend that you don't use pop3 at all. You can use your gmail account (the one you have on the phone) and go to Settings, then have it check the pop3 account. Get rid of the email client on the computer, and stop using pop client on the phone. Use the Gmail web page to access your email everyone, from the gmail app on the phone, from the home computer etc.

If you want to keep this email distinct from your existing gmail (for simplicity sake, because outgoing mail will still originate from the SMTP--Road Runner--email servers) you can create a second gmail account just for the purpose of checking your pop3 email.

Welcome to the 21st century and cloud... =P pop3 email is so 1996.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you're using Outlook, in the email account settings just tell it to "remove message from server". This will do just that, meaning you may miss some messages on your phone.

zephyr82

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the EXACT same issue... I don't think the first replies understand the issues. I have yet to figure out the issue... :(

Andy

SphincterBoy

May 11, 2010
Visit site
OK, well the bill is auto-pay so that's not the issue.

I use Outlook on the PC and when I delete an email it doesn't delete from the phone. It's currently like getting mail twice, which I don't want. I liked how it worked originally, if the PC was off the phone got the message and when I logged in on the PC it downloaded the message and it disappeared from the phone. Although I'd be just fine with having it stay on the phone until deleted from the PC (probably prefer that scenario actually).

@thefredelement - the messages do delete from the server when downloaded.

@npark - you are correct, it is setup as a POP3. I'm willing to try using gmail to read Road Runner, but how do I go about doing so?

The baffling thing is it worked this way out of the box and then just quit one day (12/29).

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
@npark - you are correct, it is setup as a POP3. I'm willing to try using gmail to read Road Runner, but how do I go about doing so?

In Gmail on your computer, you would want to go to Settings at the top right, and then select Accounts and Import. There you should be able to set Gmail to import your RoadRunner email. I'm currently doing the same thing with an old Hotmail account.

cottonhills

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Having same prob with my domain email. Prior to the major android update in Jan/Feb, if I deleted mail from the server through another mail interface, or download to my pc and deleted from server, next sync would always reflect those changed on my evo. Since the update my Evo retains an entire day's worth of email and clears it out at midnight. The 'Delete mail onr server' setting no longer works at all. I have my dl frequency set to specific hours of the day that do not include midnight however that seems to be the one time it does sync.

Also I see that my phone screen comes on around 10:30 am and pm, and 2:30 a and pm, apparently for no reason (no messages or syncing), and my phone battery runs now runs down almost completely while I'm sleeping. I have nothing set to run or sync at night, so it may be mysteriously "turning on" more frequently than I've witnessed.

These issues all began immediately after the android update last month that rebooted the phone.

Reactions: zephyr82

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci