New Router recommendations? for EVO

cporta

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, my current router is on it's last legs and I'm looking to replace it. Can anyone recommend a good n router that works with the evo? When I say work I mean connect, stay connected and have the internet work all the time. I leave the wifi on the evo on all the time at home.

I had to specify "work" because I've had problems with a SMC and trendnet router where I would be connected to the routers with an ip but could not get internet.

I will be connecting a laptop with an n card to this router as well.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I use a Linksys Router at home that has N-built in. I have a broadband modem that it runs off of. It seems to work great for me. I have not had any problems with it at all. My EVO and by Tab connect right away when I get home, and they stay connected all over my house. On my Tab, I don't even turn the data on, I simply run off WiFi. I have my two devices and my wife's Epic, and it seems to run very smoothly.

This is my second Linksys router. I think it is the E1000 or E2000. I can't remember off the top of my head.

I would give it a thumbs up. I got it about six months ago and has worked really well for me. Just my opinion.

Reactions: cporta

twister17e

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The E1000 is a good router made by Linksys. On the Netgear side, I would look @ the WNR2000. Both should provide both good speed and signal strength to your Evo & laptop.

cporta

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the e2000. Thought the dual band and gigabit port would come in handy. I'll let you know how it goes.

JayL

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
netgear wndr3700 best router and EVO stays wifi connected forever no issues.

I tired a linksys and the att u-verse routers and both drop EVO wifi every once in awhile

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
netgear wndr3700 best router and EVO stays wifi connected forever no issues.

I tired a linksys and the att u-verse routers and both drop EVO wifi every once in awhile

Indeed, the WNDR3700 is the best consumer router out there right now. Just got it installed at home and it this thing blazes by anything Linksys ever made. Make sure to install the DD-WRT drivers as soon as you get it to get the most out of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel