How do I make a zip file named newbootanimation.zip my new boot screen?

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
So i was viewing a cool boot animation., but i dont have a clue how to make it mine on my Evo. The pre was pretty easy, but ill explain.
Pretty much from my description you should be able to tell.

The file has a zip file and an mp3 file. The boot file is called newbootanimation.zip and the mp3 file spc"something ". Mp3.
Pretty much, i figure i should put it in the root of the sd card so i can find it in recovery mode but i dont know how to go about it after that. What directory should i move it to?

Sent From Tapatalk.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I think there is also a way you could push the file to your system or to make it easy you should be able to go into recovery and flash the .zip file like you flash your roms but im not sure if you have to wipe cache and dalvki then flash but it should work

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So i was viewing a cool boot animation., but i dont have a clue how to make it mine on my Evo. The pre was pretty easy, but ill explain.
Pretty much from my description you should be able to tell.

The file has a zip file and an mp3 file. The boot file is called newbootanimation.zip and the mp3 file spc"something ". Mp3.
Pretty much, i figure i should put it in the root of the sd card so i can find it in recovery mode but i dont know how to go about it after that. What directory should i move it to?

Sent From Tapatalk.

What ROM are you on?

You have to put the zip in a system folder and the mp3 in the media folder. You can do this via adb pushing the files or just using root explorer, mounting the system directory as r/w and then pasting the files in the right places.

Sense ROMs and CM roms differ on the place where you paste the file.

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I think there is also a way you could push the file to your system or to make it easy you should be able to go into recovery and flash the .zip file like you flash your roms but im not sure if you have to wipe cache and dalvki then flash but it should work

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

If i just go in recovery and click on the file then it probably wont go to yhe correct directory, right? Im pretty sure i would have to wipe data.

Sent From Tapatalk.

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
What ROM are you on?

You have to put the zip in a system folder and the mp3 in the media folder. You can do this via adb pushing the files or just using root explorer, mounting the system directory as r/w and then pasting the files in the right places.

Sense ROMs and CM roms differ on the place where you paste the file.

I found a home with the myn 2.2 rl5. I cant use astro to copy the files there? Im not even sure what the right directory is. Ill have to check that out. I just want to know if i can go in recovery mode and then click on the zip file and have it go into the right directory.

Sent From Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781