Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default AdW/LauncherPro ...

    are there any other apps like these that are free and able to change themes? i cant find a good one for the ADW and instant home doesnt let me use my widgets


    anything out their that i dont know about?

    Thanks Community.
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey132 View Post
    are there any other apps like these that are free and able to change themes? i cant find a good one for the ADW and instant home doesnt let me use my widgets


    anything out their that i dont know about?

    Thanks Community.
    Havnt tried it but i heard Go launcher was pretty decent
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Thanks alot that is one i havent heard before.

    but that still cannot have the HTC Evo widgets. is there anyone out their with all the widgets?


    thanks for the help though, im gonna hold onto this app
  4. #4  
    splmonster's Avatar

    Posts
    1,212 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

    Default

    ADW Launcher EX is awesome..
  5. #5  

    Default

    I changed from the Sense UI to Launcher Pro....By far the best one out there.

    My personal favorite part is the 15 customizable dock shortcuts..Sure beats the 3 standard ones with Sense UI..
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey132 View Post
    Thanks alot that is one i havent heard before.

    but that still cannot have the HTC Evo widgets. is there anyone out their with all the widgets?


    thanks for the help though, im gonna hold onto this app
    If you need to use HTC Widgets, you need to use Sense UI. No other third party launchers can use HTC Widgets. There are widgets all over the Market to do custom Home screens.

    Here is a shot of Go Launcher with Beautiful Weather Widget stretched more than 4 x 2 and Minimalistic Widgets day grid and Minimalistic Widgets custom icons for some apps....

  7. #7  

    Default

    That's because the HTC widgets are part of sense. If you stop sense you lose the HTC factory widgets. If you look hard in the market you should be able to find a close if not better version of most of the widgets. I hope this helps.
  8. #8  
    Cyber Warrior's Avatar
    Robots Will Kill

    Posts
    8,565 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

    Default

    I like the look of Launcher Pros Widgets with Beautiful Widgets weather/clock and toggles. Then there's the option in LPP for all the docks and swipe shortcuts. Keeps the phone less cluttered and clean looking instead of having icons all over the place.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Just be careful with launcher pro, read the comments on how the free version has a timer that will expire and lock your phone so you can't do anything. I would vote for adw.
  10. #10  

    Default

    +1 for Go Lanucher

    In the last few weeks I went through HTC Sense, CM/ADW -> ADW EX -> Launcher Pro -> Go Launcher

    and each step was an improvement over the previous one.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default

    thanks alot for the input guys this helps a bunch.

    the widgets that i want aren't really the wifi , gps, bluetooth or 4g toggle im worried about ( but wouldnt mind having them on other UI ) its the bookmarks and calendar widget for the htc widgets i really wanted.

    But Go launcher is the best one i have seen so far. Launcher Pro is really good but im not a fan of paying for apps. i do have BW and SlideIt Keyboard which is way better then the swype the last update gave us. but other then that im not a fan of purchasing much on the market.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey132 View Post
    thanks alot for the input guys this helps a bunch.

    Launcher Pro is really good but im not a fan of paying for apps. i do have BW and SlideIt Keyboard which is way better then the swype the last update gave us. but other then that im not a fan of purchasing much on the market.

    I'm not judging you, I like free too. But if everybody chose to DL free apps only, I'm pretty certain our options would begin to dwindle. A dollar or two to greatly improve our user experience is a small price to pay for the hard work developers put into their work.

    Off soapbox.
  13. #13  

    Default

    What advantages does Go Launcher have that's not in LauncherPro? I briefly looked at Go Launcher but didn't see anything new or different right off.
  14. #14  
    cordoni's Avatar

    Posts
    934 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Havnt tried it but i heard Go launcher was pretty decent
    I tried Go Launcher for a while. Wrote a review of it here.

    http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...-launcher.html

    It starts off great, but after a few days becomes unstable, freezing the phone in calls.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

    If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
  15. #15  

    Default

    I am in love with ADW Launcher EX. It is def worth the money.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet



    If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Just be careful with launcher pro, read the comments on how the free version has a timer that will expire and lock your phone so you can't do anything. I would vote for adw.
    That was for an older version of the free app. The dev removed the timer altogether because of the bug.

    That said, if it happened to me, I'd probably stop using it altogether.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    I am in love with ADW Launcher EX. It is def worth the money.
    +1 for ADW EX. Love it!!
  18. #18  

    Default

    I used to be hardcore LP+.. But ADW EX changed that. It's AWESOME. Supposedly the developer of LP is creating a new version from the ground up that's supposed to have some sweet visuals like ADW EX. Until that happens, ADW RX for me...

    Btw, if you want a really different style launcher, you can try Netfront Life Screen.
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  19. #19  
    splmonster's Avatar

    Posts
    1,212 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Just be careful with launcher pro, read the comments on how the free version has a timer that will expire and lock your phone so you can't do anything. I would vote for adw.
    Not true what so ever.. Because it did not happen to everyone. Issue occurred in one version and was quickly pulled and fixed.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burt Reynolds View Post
    I'm not judging you, I like free too. But if everybody chose to DL free apps only, I'm pretty certain our options would begin to dwindle. A dollar or two to greatly improve our user experience is a small price to pay for the hard work developers put into their work.

    Off soapbox.
    If we want to continue to have great options, we HAVE to support our developers!
  21. #21  

    Default

    call me wierd, but i like the look of sense, and i really like the look of the htc widgets. very clean and elegant in my opinion!
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Not true what so ever.. Because it did not happen to everyone. Issue occurred in one version and was quickly pulled and fixed.
    okay I just was reading what some of the reviews were and saw a lot of posts on the issue. I'm glad it was fixed because I did like LP when I tested it.

Posting Permissions

B