1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default SD card just died...reinstall apps question

The SD card in my EVO just died. I need to reinstall the apps onto a backup SD card that I have. What's the most efficient way to do that? Is there a way to restore all of the apps at once, without painstakingly having to figure out which ones were installed on the old SD card and reinstall them one at a time?

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

If ur apps were purchase thru the market just pull up my apps on the market and you'll find them there.....otherwise you have to do the hunt and search again to reinstall those apps....you may be able to transfer the ones you have to ur desk top as apk. and the reload them
    Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Roms: Lab Rats LK8
    Version:4.1.2
    Hardware: L900.09
    Baseband: L900VPALK8
    PRI: ?
    PRL: 55010
    Kernel: 3.0.31-626403scinfra@SEP-83#1
    Themes: Million Shades of Gray
    Launcher: TW Launcher
    Recovery: TWRP
    Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by acedanger View Post
    The SD card in my EVO just died. I need to reinstall the apps onto a backup SD card that I have. What's the most efficient way to do that? Is there a way to restore all of the apps at once, without painstakingly having to figure out which ones were installed on the old SD card and reinstall them one at a time?
    What were you doing just before the uSD card died? Did you update the OS?

Brian
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

nah, I actually didn't update anything. The last thing I remember doing with the phone, prior to noticing any issues with my SD card, was copy some music from my computer to the phone via a bluetooth connection.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    If ur apps were purchase thru the market just pull up my apps on the market and you'll find them there.....otherwise you have to do the hunt and search again to reinstall those apps....you may be able to transfer the ones you have to ur desk top as apk. and the reload them
    I'm assuming that this will only apply to apps that I've paid for and does not apply to the free apps I've downloaded. When I go to Market>MyApps, I only see the ones that my phone still sees installed (and not those that are on my old SD card).

nah, I actually didn't update anything. The last thing I remember doing with the phone, prior to noticing any issues with my SD card, was copy some music from my computer to the phone via a bluetooth connection.
    If you take that SD card to Sprint they would replace it for you(Considering It's not your fault).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    If you take that SD card to Sprint they would replace it for you(Considering It's not your fault).
    I replaced the default 8GB card with a 16GB card. Will they still replace it?

I'm going to buy a card reader for my PC so hopefully I'll be able to get my pictures and songs off of it later today.

I replaced the default 8GB card with a 16GB card. Will they still replace it?

I'm going to buy a card reader for my PC so hopefully I'll be able to get my pictures and songs off of it later today.
    Wherever you bought it from - return it. They are obligated to replace any defective Item.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    Iyou may be able to transfer the ones you have to ur desk top as apk. and the reload them
    Referring to the apps on ur card...
    Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Roms: Lab Rats LK8
    Version:4.1.2
    Hardware: L900.09
    Baseband: L900VPALK8
    PRI: ?
    PRL: 55010
    Kernel: 3.0.31-626403scinfra@SEP-83#1
    Themes: Million Shades of Gray
    Launcher: TW Launcher
    Recovery: TWRP
    Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

If you had AppBrain installed, and had synced your apps prior to the card failing, you can install AppBrain again, it will be slightly easier to reinstall your apps than having to search from them through the market. Just don't sync before you're done installing all your apps.

If you didn't use AppBrain before, then it wouldn't help. But could be something to keep in mind possible future issues.