Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    cpolism's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Evo showing the wrong time?

    My evo has been showing the wrong time for a couple days now. Off by about 5 hours. Like i'm in the UK. But the time zone is still the same. Every time I restart my phone it goes back to normal, but then after a short while it goes right back to being five hours ahead. Anyone else having this problem? Text messages and emails still show a time stamp of the correct time. Weird.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    cpolism's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Figured it out. Thanks
  3. #3  
    Jamboaz's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

    Default

    Do tell. I'm having the same issue occasionally.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Yeah what was it? I had to set my time zone manually because my phone kept setting itself to the wrong time zone.
  5. #5  

    Default

    My husbands might be a hour off sometimes also. Never used to happen but seems to all if the time now. It switches itself back to normal. Mine never does it. Very odd. Will check into setting it manually.
  6. #6  

    Default

    My Evo did that once I couldn't figure it out. I just reset the phone and it went back.

    Sent from my EVO using tapatalk.
  7. #7  

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamboaz View Post
    Do tell. I'm having the same issue occasionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
    Yeah what was it? I had to set my time zone manually because my phone kept setting itself to the wrong time zone.
    This is what I do when that had happen to me: From home screen > tap menu then settings > then applications > manage applications > running then HTC sense and force stop, and clear data. Never had anymore problem since.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    This is what I do when that had happen to me: From home screen > tap menu then settings > then applications > manage applications > running then HTC sense and force stop, and clear data. Never had anymore problem since.
    Do you lose any of your settings doing that? I have several scenes, all set up just the way I want them. I'd hate to have to recreate all of them.
  9. #9  
    Quis89's Avatar

    Posts
    571 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

    Default

    Did any of you guys get the most recent HTC update that pushed to the EVO? The one that added Blockbuster and Nova and a couple other things? I've seen this issue before and I'm trying to figure out if it is related to the most recent update.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    Did any of you guys get the most recent HTC update that pushed to the EVO? The one that added Blockbuster and Nova and a couple other things? I've seen this issue before and I'm trying to figure out if it is related to the most recent update.
    Yep, I have a custom ROM that has the updates cooked in.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
    Do you lose any of your settings doing that? I have several scenes, all set up just the way I want them. I'd hate to have to recreate all of them.
    Yes, it does erase all data for that settings... it doesn't delete any apps.

    ** Note **
    DO THIS ONLY IF NOTHING ELSE WORK.

    Good luck.
  12. #12  
    Jamboaz's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

    Default

    I have stock with the update. It burned me on my last trip out of town.
  13. #13  
    Sener's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    it happen to me also for a couple of days, stock Evo here. Had to put it manually. But now its fine...
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Evo showing the wrong time?

    Can you let me know what the issue was/how to fix it? It's happening to my boyfriend's phone and his alarm has failed to go off for a few days because the time changes overnight. Just to clarify, his phone randomly began displaying the time as one hour later than it was. He adjusted it manually which worked for a few days, but then it changed itself again. This morning now, it showed the time as being an hour earlier than it actually was. The time zone and location are correct.

Posting Permissions