1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Exiting safemode on the Evo

My Evo randomly entered safe mode and I wasn't sure how to get it out. I figured it out and thought I would post it in case anyone tried to google it.

Shut the phone off then hold down the power and volume up button. When the boot menu appears use the volume buttons to scroll to "reboot" and use the power button to select.

Hope that hleps someone
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

I think it's because you have an anti virus installed. It's saying that you're protected.

Default Re: Exiting safemode on the Evo

Thanks Galway girl13, VERY HELPFUL!

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

"Safe Mode"... I'm not sure I've ever seen safe mode.... what and how would you enter safe mode?

Decks Rom Rules, Other Roms Drool!!! :-p
    Thanks for tryin!!!
    Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi

The way that I get out of safe mode on my HTC Evo is to hold the power button down a few seconds until you see restart and then hit restart. This is the same as taking out the battery but much easier

Quote Originally Posted by 410berry View Post
    The way that I get out of safe mode on my HTC Evo is to hold the power button down a few seconds until you see restart and then hit restart. This is the same as taking out the battery but much easier
    Thank you for this solution. I also inexplicably entered safe mode and this did the trick.

Cool Re: Exiting safemode on the Evo

Sooo helpful, thank you for your thoughtfulness!!!!! Quick easy solution!!!