why don't pictures stay rotated ?

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
just wondering if anybody noticed or if its common for pictures to UN-ROTATE.

i keep my auto rotate off because I dont like it, and like to keep everything static and have more control. I also like to rotate my phone to frame pictures depending on what im shooting. So obviously this determines how they show in your gallery. Well I noticed I can rotate a picture to way I like it, and it will rotate back the wrong way later. I think it MIGHT just be when I restart the phone, but i'm not sure because I dont restart it alot, and I dont go checking all my pictures after either. I just notice when i go to show someone a pic on my phone and have to rotate it again when i know i've already rotated it.

also sometimes I can take a picture and even though its brand new, an OLD THUMBNAIL will be showing for it. I know I can clear out the thumbnail cache folder, but that doesnt always work, and it has nothing to do with the file name.

sorry if these sounds picky, but it does get annoying after a while. Also I have never thought about it until now, but is there any APP out there to replace your photo gallery ?

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
yes its calibrated, but it doesnt matter anyways because my auto rotate is OFF.

I'm talking about when you go to EDIT > ROTATE and manually rotate it. It will stay rotated until you restart the phone, then it goes back to landscape or portrait, depending on how you took the picture originally.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
yes its calibrated, but it doesnt matter anyways because my auto rotate is OFF.

I'm talking about when you go to EDIT > ROTATE and manually rotate it. It will stay rotated until you restart the phone, then it goes back to landscape or portrait, depending on how you took the picture originally.

does the pic have to be resaved? i have not attempted what you are doing so it was just a guess in the dark lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12