I really would like to know (Difference in Screens)

xMyCkOx

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
home come the Evo has that blue-ish doisplay... when i go to see reviews of the evo vs another phone, the other phone has the clear white screen but the evo has that icey blue screen ? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Not too sure what you mean by blueish, I don't see a bluish hue on my screen. It might be noticeable if I was comparing it to another screen though.

DaneHR2

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If you are comparing it to say an AMOLED Screen it will seem off. The EVO's screen has a backlight and AMOLED doesn't. Plus pixel density is higher in other phones this would give a sharper image.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Umm... here's the thing.
Some people have different displays with Evos.

So I have a novatec screen. The display generally has warmer colors.
Another display is the Epson screen. The display generally has icey colors.

You know which by your hardware version 0002 or 0003.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...-htc-called-me-back-about-screen-issue-3.html

More info:
NovaTech vs. Epson - Android Forums

Video:
YouTube - Sprint Evo 1st Gen vs. Sprint Evo 2nd Gen. Why the difference, HTC?!?!

Forward a little.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've never notice a screen difference until I saw this thread. Compare to an IPhone - the Evolution(Evo) screen looks a bit dull. I guess it's because of the pixel difference. That doesn't make me want an iPhone though.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I've never notice a screen difference until I saw this thread. Compare to an IPhone - the Evolution(Evo) screen looks a bit dull. I guess it's because of the pixel difference. That doesn't make me want an iPhone though.

I think it's more screen quality than anything else.
Having 300dpi is not as significant as it seems. Nobody holds a magnifying lens to a phone.

I do believe the screen quality on the Evo could use some work. With all these new displays I'd prefer if HTC tried a little harder in that department.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that mine has a cooler tone to it than my Hero that I came from. I have hardware 0004.

I don't even notice it any more.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There is no problem with the display on the Evo, it's more than sufficient, but there's no disputing it has a cooler tone to it. I'd rather have the Epic display but the Evo is just fine and you'd never notice it if you didn't compare side by side.