1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I really would like to know (Difference in Screens)

home come the Evo has that blue-ish doisplay... when i go to see reviews of the evo vs another phone, the other phone has the clear white screen but the evo has that icey blue screen ?
    Last edited by Big D5; 01-16-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Fix title

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Not too sure what you mean by blueish, I don't see a bluish hue on my screen. It might be noticeable if I was comparing it to another screen though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

maybe not blueish but ... like the other device would be very white,/ clear/ but the evo wasnt as white..

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Just different displays I guess. I don't notice anything when I am using my phone.

If you are comparing it to say an AMOLED Screen it will seem off. The EVO's screen has a backlight and AMOLED doesn't. Plus pixel density is higher in other phones this would give a sharper image.

Umm... here's the thing.
    Some people have different displays with Evos.

So I have a novatec screen. The display generally has warmer colors.
    Another display is the Epson screen. The display generally has icey colors.

You know which by your hardware version 0002 or 0003.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...n-issue-3.html

More info:

Video:

Forward a little.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

I've never notice a screen difference until I saw this thread. Compare to an IPhone - the Evolution(Evo) screen looks a bit dull. I guess it's because of the pixel difference. That doesn't make me want an iPhone though.

My sister's Evo has a blue-ish tint to it compared to to mine...

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    I've never notice a screen difference until I saw this thread. Compare to an IPhone - the Evolution(Evo) screen looks a bit dull. I guess it's because of the pixel difference. That doesn't make me want an iPhone though.
    I think it's more screen quality than anything else.
    Having 300dpi is not as significant as it seems. Nobody holds a magnifying lens to a phone.

I do believe the screen quality on the Evo could use some work. With all these new displays I'd prefer if HTC tried a little harder in that department.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

Honestly, screen looks great to me. I think specs are what make people want to see a difference

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

I have hardware version 004
    Juan Too Big Perez
    DJ2BIG.COM

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

I noticed that mine has a cooler tone to it than my Hero that I came from. I have hardware 0004.

I don't even notice it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by admn View Post
    Honestly, screen looks great to me. I think specs are what make people want to see a difference
    I agree with you completely. I think that people are making a big deal out of nothing.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen or Warm

There is no problem with the display on the Evo, it's more than sufficient, but there's no disputing it has a cooler tone to it. I'd rather have the Epic display but the Evo is just fine and you'd never notice it if you didn't compare side by side.