What does the face detection do?

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
So, the EVO has face detection as a camera feature. What on earth does it do? Does it maybe help focus the camera? Cuz it sure isn't facial *recognition* - only *detection*...

And any tips to using it effectively?

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
If i'm not mistaken, you can "tag" people within a picture. The camera "recognizes" their face when you go to snap a photo of them. When you see the box around the face as it's -detecting- you'll have to set it up to who that person is, it should save the info and "recognize" their face next time.

That's how it works on my panasonic digital camera at least.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It just makes adjustments to focus and exposure to make sure that a person's face is the "subject" of the photo rather than the background.

Try it out, see if you like it. You may want to take pictures of scenery and ignore other peoples faces, in which case turn it off.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
IIRC, when you add a picture to a contact, it crops the picture by default to the face. I may be mistaken though.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It just makes adjustments to focus and exposure to make sure that a person's face is the "subject" of the photo rather than the background.

Try it out, see if you like it. You may want to take pictures of scenery and ignore other peoples faces, in which case turn it off.

This is actually what I *hoped* it was doing! Great - I'll give 'er a whirl and report back if I still have questions!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers