1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MMS Not Downloading!

Day 18 with my evo and now i got an issues with getting picture messages.. it always say message not downloaded.. anybody else got this issue? I cant deal with it any more its been happening for 2 weeks now..

usually happens to me when im in an area with little signal other than that i haven't had that error
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I got an good signal full bars since I'm posting this from my phone i even turned off and on mobile network.

I only get that when I am on wifi.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I don't even use wifi.. could this be a sprint issue or a evo issue?

Edit: now im getting 'unable to send message' Generic network failure
    Last edited by OneDeep87; 01-18-2011 at 02:55 PM.

have you tried powering off your phone and pulling the battery for a moment and starting it back up? if anything you may have to do a hard reset

Call Sprint technical support and discuss your problem to them.
    Before doing that...

Try this: Menu - settings - system update and update data profile.

(Btw) Is your phone rooted?
    Last edited by rushrl; 01-18-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always Flashing Who Knows

I have had this error from flashing roms here and there i will see it come up when my family is sending me a multimedia chain letters and I have my mobile network off to save battery I just turn it on look at the message and turn off again but the Evo keeps looking for data to download the message until I do that it comes up with the generic error but that's weird that trick usually fixes it for me ?

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Just updated the profile data about to reboot now and i haven't rooted yet since d I'm still under 30 days and wanted to see how the phone work first
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Alright I rebooted and now I'm able to see the mms I been getting. I don't know if the profile data update fixed it or the battery pull but tested it and able to get it mms now. Thanks guys and gals

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep87 View Post
    Just updated the profile data about to reboot now and i haven't rooted yet since d I'm still under 30 days and wanted to see how the phone work first
    Either one of those steps should fix that problem. If problem persist contact Sprint.

I'm not rooted either, frankly... I don't need too. What more do I need my phone to do.

Rooting is not an option for my phone, it's more of a preference.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep87 View Post
    Alright I rebooted and now I'm able to see the mms I been getting. I don't know if the profile data update fixed it or the battery pull but tested it and able to get it mms now. Thanks guys and gals
    I used to have to restart my old Samsung Rant to get picture messages to come through sometimes. It's probably a Sprint problem but just rebooting should solve it.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Alright guys im back with the same problem. I can't get on send picture again. Im still under 30 days so can sprint replace my phone? Only problem is i have a white evo so will they have to order me one?

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always Flashing Who Knows

Ya you could do that but you might wanna call and make sure they have one in stock I didn't do that and I ended up with a black because radio shack had sold me the only white in stock so to save you the disappointment of going and having to go to another store so you could do the swap and get the phone ASAP so you can be back up and running :-)

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G