Contacts not Syncing and other stuff

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It seems that my contact list is no longer syncing with gmail or visa versa. I have put data into both and then did a sync and it did not transfer. I also noticed that I sometimes am unable to search my contacts as nothing happens when I press search.

Additionally, I find that my screen will not lock. I can come back to my phone after 20 mins and when I press the top button I go straight to my home screen instead of getting the lock screen.

Am I looking at a factory reset or is there something else I can do?

Doc

GooberVox

May 14, 2010
Visit site
You might have a defective app running. Go to Settings>Applications>Running Services and see what processes (if any) are running abnormally. Do you use the factory lock screen or do you have an alternate lock screen app loaded? As always a factory reset should do the trick but I would use it only as a last resort in this situation.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can manually sync your contacts > people > menu > import/export. Also, make sure sync is on... menu - settings - accounts & sync and sync now. Usually after adding a contacts you should save it to your Google account.

As for your second issue - that could be cause by a corrupt app, or a glitch. Remove/reinsert the battery. (2) Remove any app(s) associated with your lock screen.

Ps. If all fails then clear storage.

Good luck.