Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry.

I face the same problem here... It's frustrating

Issue resolved for me: go to chrome delete browsing history and all....

I'm trying to work out from that eneae3448 post how a person can think Internet Explorer is part of android. Dumbass

I have the same problem, every video I try to watch it comes up in the middle of the screen saying "there was a problem while playing. Touch to retry." It was not my internet connection because I had full bars. Please help.

I fought with this for months, installed all kinds of apps as workarounds, restarted the phone, uninstalled/reinstalled YouTube. Nothing worked, until I tried wiping my cache partition.
    Turn your phone off, then hold VOLUME DOWN and POWER. From there, navigate to RECOVERY and then WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
    This can take a while and may not give any indication that it's doing anything, but it worked for me. Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by amorlatino360 View Post
    i found the solution for this problem just go to menu and settings application Manager applications and under download click on youtube clear chache clear data and uninstall and now goto play store and search for youtube and open or install done!!
    This magic works for me.
    Thank you so much!!!

This fixed my problem with Youtube immediately. I was having issues after the Marshmallow update, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by trackath View Post
    Every single video I try to play in the youtube app gives this message: There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry.
    If I go to Youtube.com, Cannot Play video. Sorry this video cannot be played.
    The videos do not even start to play. It doesn't even try for very long.
    I have the lastest update and updated prl. And also the lastest youtube app update.
    It's terrible. Any ideas?
    Reboot phone
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12