There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry.

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I have LG P705, when i using wifi, every time i play at youtube app it always come out with a result " there was a problem while playing. Touch to retry"

I Tried the following steps to recover
I clear cache and data
I tried different wifi access
I restart the phone
But does not work,
Please can you help me to play youtube using the wifi

amorlatino360

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have LG P705, when i using wifi, every time i play at youtube app it always come out with a result " there was a problem while playing. Touch to retry"

I Tried the following steps to recover
I clear cache and data
I tried different wifi access
I restart the phone
But does not work,
Please can you help me to play youtube using the wifi

i found the solution for this problem just go to menu and settings application Manager applications and under download click on youtube clear chache clear data and uninstall and now goto play store and search for youtube and open or install done!!

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, every video I try to watch it comes up in the middle of the screen saying "there was a problem while playing. Touch to retry." It was not my internet connection because I had full bars. Please help.

CatSquare

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I fought with this for months, installed all kinds of apps as workarounds, restarted the phone, uninstalled/reinstalled YouTube. Nothing worked, until I tried wiping my cache partition.
Turn your phone off, then hold VOLUME DOWN and POWER. From there, navigate to RECOVERY and then WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
This can take a while and may not give any indication that it's doing anything, but it worked for me. Highly recommended!

rendy69

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
i found the solution for this problem just go to menu and settings application Manager applications and under download click on youtube clear chache clear data and uninstall and now goto play store and search for youtube and open or install done!!

This magic works for me.
Thank you so much!!!

Shotgun101a

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Every single video I try to play in the youtube app gives this message: There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry.
If I go to Youtube.com, Cannot Play video. Sorry this video cannot be played.
The videos do not even start to play. It doesn't even try for very long.
I have the lastest update and updated prl. And also the lastest youtube app update.
It's terrible. Any ideas?

Reboot phone

Mario Davinci

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and I only noticed when facebook stopped playing videos. I first updated facebook but no luck, then I found problem lying with Youtube itself and I uninstalled and installed the latest; but again to my surprize it didnt solve my problem. I tried the least efforts option available to restart my phone and voila it finally worked fine. It appears to be codec issues with our hardware which gets resolved with simple restart.

Used phone - Mi4i
Network - 3G/4G/WiFi (both personal and office); [just to tell people that it has nothing to do with network]

XtremeKID

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Every single video I try to play in the youtube app gives this message: There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry.
I have the lastest update and updated prl. And also the lastest youtube app update.

It happens because of your storage.
If your storage is Full so it would happen
Or
If your storage is Full on Phone Storage then Move YouTube to SD Card's Storage and if your Meomory Card's storage is Full so move YouTube to Phone storage..
Reply me if it helped..

MOB DOC

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site

But I have an solution just sing out from YouTube and try to play video it will work

Ahmed Smart

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I fixed it by this steps..

1. Go to sittings
2. Select "Device maintenance"
3. Optimiz now (after checking)

Try also to clear application data and cache and reinstall it then do above steps

My Android version is 7 (Nougat)

SergiuSvet

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
As I saw, this is a common problem on android since 2011. It's annoying just because not only youtube videos are unable to play, but somehow also some system sounds are becoming mutted, including alarm sound (alarm is displaying, but without any sounds). Even when creating a new alarm, while choosing alarm tone you cannot preview that. And it doesn't matter if you are using stock alarm or a downloaded alarm app. I was late for my work for 2 times because of that. For two weeks I'm trying to find out why it happens, and that's what i've noticed:
1. It doesn't matter if your phone is at charging or not.
2. It doesn't matter if your dnd is on or off.
3. If force closing all background apps - it starts working.

So, i've uninstalled dozens of useless apps from my phone, and nothing helped. Till I got the facebook app and messenger deleted. I've noticed that it can be because of them, because one night I've received a message on messenger, and in the morning my alarm was running silently. For two days everything seems to be ok.

Phone is Galaxy S7.

Hope this will help you too.