After linking contacts to facebook, they're no longer able to be found in My Contacts

justavillain

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
After going through the long task of adding everyone from my contacts to Facebook I decided to update the My Contacts folder on gmail. I tuned off the update on my phone then deleted them all on Gmail. I was hoping it would then update and only keep the people I had on my phone now.

Well turned on updates/sync again. It deleted the contacts I had that do not have a Facebook link. So I put them back in by hand and those are now the only ones in My Contacts on Gmail.

How can I get my other apx 300 contacts back in My Contacts encase something happens to my phone?!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, justavillain.
Welcome to Android Central Forum.

I don't know what exactly you did, but try to see if you could import back your contacts from your Google account.

- People - menu - import/export .... then choose import from SD card.

Ps. Or if you want to add your contacts to your Google account choose export.

Good luck.

justavillain

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Well what happend was this.

I have a lot of old contacts I wanted gone.
I turned Sync off for now
So I deleted them in my phone.
Then I linked the remaining ones that had facebook to facebook.
Then I deleted everyone in gmail
Turned Sync back on to get a fresh new list for the contacts and lost everyone that was not linked to facebook.
then looked at my phone a second ago and lost everyone.

So I just restored my contacts in gmail and synced again.

Main question is how can I link to facebook with out loosing my contact in gmail? do I have to go in to gmail and change everyone's name around? Or what?!

Last edited:

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Well what happend was this.

I have a lot of old contacts I wanted gone.
I turned Sync off for now
So I deleted them in my phone.
Then I linked the remaining ones that had facebook to facebook.
Then I deleted everyone in gmail
Turned Sync back on to get a fresh new list for the contacts and lost everyone that was not linked to facebook.
then looked at my phone a second ago and lost everyone.

So I just restored my contacts in gmail and synced again.

Main question is how can I link to facebook with out loosing my contact in gmail? do I have to go in to gmail and change everyone's name around? Or what?!

I cleaned up my contacts from gmail, instead of the phone. It's much easier on a computer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21