My Evo won't let me turn off sense anymore?!?!

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
You must not have ever done any software updates because that ability was removed with one of the first updates.

However, if you download one of the many available launcher apps from the market you can use that launcher instead of sense.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You must not have ever done any software updates because that ability was removed with one of the first updates.

However, if you download one of the many available launcher apps from the market you can use that launcher instead of sense.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Like he said ^ If you install ADW or any other launcher and install it, you will get a list when you press your home button.

Then just choose ADWLauncher (or whichever one you got) and it should give you a list of which one to open. Just open ADW. And if you want... choose "use this as default".

Reactions: igotsanevo4g

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having problems. But I have no idea what you just said.

Haha I thought the same thing.

I totally forgot that we had the option not to use Sense right off the bat! Wow, that seems like forever ago.

ADW or LaucherPro (or any other home replacement) will do what you need. I use LP+ and my wife uses ADW...for what its worth, ADW is more user friendly if you want to use themes from the market etc. I use LP because I want to tweak every tiny detail in a customized manner. Personal preference really.

Sener

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just use another Launcher. I use to use LP+, it was good. But when ADW Launcher EX came out, you can do even more with it!!! Customize everything & have 3d drawer, cool screen transitions!!! I love it!!!!

eq0120

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i use adw launcher ex myself and its been great so far, also make sure you put ur sense ui to a clean slate so there are no widgets running in the background cause that will affect your battery life. i also use home manager and that allows you to stop sense from running in the background. good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12