View WiFi Password

ZimLanfire

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Good morning everyone!

A friend of mine called me to ask what his WPA password is for his Linksys G router.

Of course, I have no idea off the top of my head, and he can't remember how to log into his router.

HOWEVER, I have his wireless saved in my phone so that when I hit him up at his house, my EVO connects automatically.

My question is: Is there a way to view the password on my EVO? I can load up the info, but the password doesn't display.

I've tried a few tools from the Market, but nothing will display the password. I'm NOT rooted. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
As far as i am aware there is not. Passwords are automatically hidden once entered into the phone and cannot be viewed.

But unless he has stripped his router off all sitckers and information, the password should be on either the side or the button of his router.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
to login the router goto 192.168.1.1 in a browser.....and as long as he hasnt changed the password to the router itself the username is blank (dont type anything) and the password is "admin"

then you should be able to get in to the wireless settings to see the password.

if all else fails....get something to hold in the reset button on the back of the router for like 30 sec...and it will be factory reset to default.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513