1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Default Slow EVO and battery issues

A coworker, envious of my Droid X, ended up with an EVO 4G after Verizon demanded a deposit.

I didn't see her until after Christmas break, and she had a task killer installed and an EVO that only makes it 4 hours on a charge.

After going through her settings and making sure that she didn't have apps set to sync every 3 minutes, I dimmed the screen brightness and quite honestly I don't know what to do at this point.

Her battery lasts about 4 hours, and her browser is very slow compared to my Droid X.

On my X, I am able to clear the cache while booting up, but I can't seem to find anything besides holding the volume down and powering up, and she doesn't want to do a factory reset.

Do you guys have any ideas on what to do?

uninstall the task killer........i had one on my evo and it killed the battery like that

To my knowledge don't clear the cache in the browser. The cache is there so the frequently opened webpages open faster because they don't have to load the images that are there all of the time.

Get rid of the task killer and try juice defender instead. Juice defender turns off the the data when the screen is off but still allows emails and updates at set intervals 15 to 30 min...texts are not affected. this app increased my battery life to the point that I no longer worry about battery life...times will vary of course.
    Thanked by:

exactly what he said, try juice defender. i have it with ultimate juice and my phone lasts me at least 10 hours, and thats with heavy usage cause i cant seem to put my phone down (evodiction) also try quick clean cache, its in the market and it can clean all of her app caches with one click. another recommendation is see if she has alot of widgets on her home screen, due to the fact that they're always running they kill your battery fast. have her use app shortcuts instead of widgets. if i can think of anything else i will post some help, after football though of course.

ROM
    CM7

If she doesn't use the Market alot disable the background data that helps for me
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Thanks for all the feedback!

InvisiBright + Quick Settings + frequent use = +2 hours

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Task killers can work very well if you know how to use them. If you keep it running in the background and are constantly killing the apps, that is going to hurt the performance of the battery.

If you use a task killer its important to set up the ignore list. If you don't do this, everytime you kill the apps you are killing some things the phone needs open to function properly so it has to use the time and energy to open them back up.
    To do this kill all apps. Go straight back into the app killer and see what all reopened. Those armrest the things you need to add to your ignore list.

Juice defender is good that I have heared of. I haven't used it cause I haven't had a need to with the task killer I have and always around a charger if I need it. Also I like to keep my data on as sometimes quite often I will be downloading a hood size file while the phone sits at my desk.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Arctic Hd

How much memory does she have left in the phone?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk