Can I turn off "phone calls" while tethering?

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I disconnected from my ISP and when I want my in-laws to babysit they complain about the lack of wifi. I want to leave my phone at home for wireless tethering, but disconnect the "phone calls". Is there an option to keep 3G/4G working while the rest is off? App maybe?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I know airplane mode will prevent phone calls and allows access to WiFi. I am not sure though if it will allow the wireless tethering but it is a simple thing to check out.

Doc

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Already did but thank you. Airplane mode will completely shut down your calls and data, so there is really nothing to tether.

Anyone?

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
not unless you are on wifi...wifi will allow simulatneous data. so wifi with airplane would work...outside of that negative. Unless you used google voice and you could divert all calls to voicemail.

Also you could call forward all calls to voicemail via sprints * (insert number here system) but i'm not sure if sprint charges for call forwarding in this manner and you would have to remember to turn it off when you wanted to receive calls again.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I believe its called DDTM???? Ill try and find it give me a sec

Edit- menu settings calls and check DDTM mode, it will send voice calls to voicemail during active data session

didn't even know that that was an option built into the phone. probably would be free since it's included in the phone software.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would simply mute the ringer so if a call comes in they would not even hear it. Once it goes to voicemail the data should continue on. They most likely would not even know you got a call unless they were looking at the phone. From call to voicemail is probbaly what... 30 seconds?

Also if you have a 4G signal they would see zero interruption.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance