The best lost phone tracker

BJORDAN2012

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for one that will not stop your phone from sleeping. Lookout and all the other ones i have seen have the permission to stop your phone from sleepin and i love my battery life too much

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for one that will not stop your phone from sleeping. Lookout and all the other ones i have seen have the permission to stop your phone from sleepin and i love my battery life too much

Maybe try "Where's my Droid".. Not sure about awake time on that one. That may be worth a shot. I know many that use it and have success with it.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, how do you expect the app to locate your phone if it can't wake your phone from sleep?

With Lookout installed, my phone goes to sleep mode just fine. It only needs to wake the phone up (and turn on your GPS if it's off) when you tell it to.

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
well i have Lookout and have no problems with it sleeping the only problem i have is if i have moble data always on unchecked it will not locate my phone... i wish it would work with that off cause i like my battery life with that off

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Mobile Defense, it can be installed as a system app, hides itself and turns on with a text message.

Thankfully I never have had to use it but find it reliable when I show it off.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
whats the impact on your battery Mobile data on vs. off? If the peice of mind to find your phone if you lose it is an hour of battery life, i think its worth it. Lookout is awesome, been using it since my WinMo days way back

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
whats the impact on your battery Mobile data on vs. off? If the peice of mind to find your phone if you lose it is an hour of battery life, i think its worth it. Lookout is awesome, been using it since my WinMo days way back

I've been struggling to get lookout (find my device feature) to work on my older winmo devices - tried it on HTC Mogul, and on HTC TP2 (both sprint)

On the website, when I ask it to locate, it shows "connected" on the left side while the countdown continues to 0 - but it never finds it, never sends an Email - noffin. I contacted lookout support and their response "There is nothing in your Lookout account showing a red flag.
Unfortunately, I have no means to troubleshoot this issue. For connection problems our only recourse is to request a log file from your phone, but log files from WinMo phones never have any helpful data in them. I'm sorry, but I won't be able to fix this issue. "
<-- :eek:

Because of this, I've been hesitant to install lookout on my EVO now...

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I questioned the need for Lookout at first. I have never heard of a virus on android yet and I was afraid of the battery life. maybe slowing the phone down with something else running, etc. On Friday my daughters Epic was stolen and I got to thinking about all the info and pictures on our devices. I installed Lookout on Sat. I can say that lookout runs in the background and I have not noticed any downside to it. I tried the locator and it worked great. Big thumbs up from me for what it's worth. Bob

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The only time Lookout will kill your battery is when it does a backup, particularly when doing it FROM a PC. I've seen it take a battery from 67% to17% in 20 minutes if you have a lot of pix. I HIGHLY recommend not using their backup scheduler. Just do one once in a while if you think you have the need for something other than your SD card....like if your phone is stolen.

Just do it manually, when you can plug in and when you can have a 4g or wi-fi connection. Otherwise, it's adios to the battery.

Normal background use of Lookout does little to your battery. I have it set for a nightly scan and it of course scans every app I put on the phone.

The tracking/GPS is off by about 3 blocks when I'm in my office at work. High rise.

Worth the $30 a year for a "backup" in case I lose it.

bj

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
ok i guess i wasnt clear on my 2 cents regarding lookout and battery life.... the battery drain comes from the mobile data always on not from look out... lookout doesnt find ur phone if u have mobile data always on checked off. lookout is great and i still use it

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
well i have Lookout and have no problems with it sleeping the only problem i have is if i have moble data always on unchecked it will not locate my phone... i wish it would work with that off cause i like my battery life with that off
I guess they should add an option to activate the locate function via text message, since they have to send a signal to your phone somehow.

I always leave my mobile data on... Kind of defeats the purpose of a smartphone if you leave it off, don't you think?

BJORDAN2012

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Quick question, how do you expect the app to locate your phone if it can't wake your phone from sleep?

With Lookout installed, my phone goes to sleep mode just fine. It only needs to wake the phone up (and turn on your GPS if it's off) when you tell it to.
OK, understood. I though it might have been keeping my evo from sleeping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463