Cracked screen, help needed.

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So it finally happened. I dropped my phone it landed on the very corner and cracked the screen. Ugh! I have it rooted and after many months of trial and error with roms, kernals and settings have arrived at the perfect balance between speed, battery life and general productivity. I do have insurance but it is $100 deductible which since there are a few places that already have the Evo at $99 I think it's too much.

Question: Is there anyway for a tech to simply replace the screen?

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Take it into a Sprint Repair Center and if they have one in stock, they can replace the screen. I think if you have TEP they will do it for nothing, or so I have heard. Either way, it can be done.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
So it finally happened. I dropped my phone it landed on the very corner and cracked the screen. Ugh! I have it rooted and after many months of trial and error with roms, kernals and settings have arrived at the perfect balance between speed, battery life and general productivity. I do have insurance but it is $100 deductible which since there are a few places that already have the Evo at $99 I think it's too much.

Question: Is there anyway for a tech to simply replace the screen?

I believe the Sprint store will replace it for $35.

Otherwise, I replaced my glass by buying it from ebay and spending HOURS to replace it based on the ifixit guide.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There is a shortage of the screens nationwide. But if you have TEP on your account they will replace it for free. I have been through this before and they replaced the screen for free. There are actually two different screens. If they don't have the screen in stock I heard they will replace your phone. That's just what I have heard about them replacing your phone but they will replace the screen for free if you have TEP on your phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21