Instore or online

cutlassracer

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The wife and I are going to get new phones this weekend. EVO for me and a Shift for her. Online prices go from 190 to 250 on this pair where as in the store's it's 350 and up. Being total noobs to the android world (last cell I had was the steam driven Nokia that Alltel gave out back in 02). Would it be better to buy instore in case problems crop up, or would we be fine buying online? I would prefer to give my money to a local store, but 150 is alot of money to pay just to get it instore. Thanks in advance.

Mods:please move if this isn't were you want it.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey I would tell you your best bet is to get both your phones at radio shack I got my evo on sale but they would be $199 in store and online its $99 ad a
Line or start a new plan is $199 and not sure online for the shift but I know in store is $150 but those are great prices for anywhere lol but I love radioshack I have friends that work there and I'm there every time I have a break haha but you can also call to see if there in stock which is what you should do before you go anywhere so you could save time

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mordbane

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I would go with online. The stores will still service the phone if any issues pop up. If you want to help support local business, go to the local shop and buy the accessories. Those aren't supported if you buy online, but be prepared for a huge markup compared to places like Amazon.

And Pritty is right, there are better deals out there.

Sent from my grubby hand

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
buy online.
online=waived activation fee ($35/line x2 phones [assuming each phone is different line]=$70 charge)

maybe your situation is different though, and no activation fee would be charged anways...

if you do go to purchase in-store, ask about the activation fee and if told you'd be charged one, clearly state the price of the phone online and the fact that there's no activation fee---i bet they'd withdraw it quickly and do anything to get their commission