SETCPU site problems

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
i wonder if its the same one i saw alot people using this one on the AVA Z3 rom but i was just wondering how u liking the battery life.. no one has chimed in on the post i have on AVA page.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've only been running it for a few days. The battery life seems OK but it's hard to tell because I've been installing apps and playing around with benchmarks.

I think I may still use setCPU to get a little more life out of it.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey sorry to but in but I ran across this thread and saw you where talking about kernels I'm running the ava z3 rom and I'm not using the stock one with the rom i use the preferred netarchy-toastmod-4.3.1-cfs-hav-nosbc and I get really good battery life it save me about 4 hour extra on battery but I use the internet and music alot an a few calls and alot of texts lol.

And I used to only get 5 hours or less but with I get 8/9 hours and still have 21% by the time I get home I also use the tricks on saving battery by turning off the mobile data while not using it and background data cuz I'm not downloading apps every second so I don't always need it but with doing this and downloading the kernel your good to go :) hope that helps you get a better look on how it should last.

Oh forgot to say when I use setcpu I underclock to 8xx ghz and I use spear part for fast screen transition its included in the app great tool and has a few extra goodies you should check that out to ;-)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mhuggins

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
thanks prittyboy 203 i have been looking at netarchys kernels but to be honest trying to figure out which one is a pain. Then i saw the fix kernel by caulkin and decided to flash it. My mobile data is off instead of always on and i didnt do setcpu because i think he has the underclocking built into the script. But im still a noob at this so im very careful about flashing stuff. Oh and you said spareparts can you shine some ligh on that app for me. Thanks in advance

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh ya that cool always good to take it slow but the spear parts app gives you a few more settings that you wouldn't normally see in the regular apps it could let your screen transportation look faster or slow or you can turn it of completely and there is other settings like to let your phone not sleep while using wifi tether and a few more.

its just to help boost your phone when you want to take away from one thing you can still compensate for what you changed with something else like if I underclock you think your phone looks like its laggy but it helps save battery lets say that and you like the fast transportation but don't want to mess with something you can use spear part to boost the screen transitions and you get both with that app its pretty useful.

Hope that helped explain it a little better you could always reset everything and it could go back to normal :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mhuggins