HTC Evo won't go into sleep mode!

DeeBoy21

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok so my girlfriends Evo when she presses in the power button will pull up the Power Off screen, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I have read up and the only thing I can find is people saying it's app related, but we have just uninstalled any of the 3rd party apps she has downloaded and the same problem :(

I had this same issue with my phone as well and Sprint had to replace it, I am hoping this is something that we can fix because we had to get an insurance replacement because I recently dropped hers and cracked the screen lol

Anyway, someone give me some advice please!!!

DeeBoy21

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah now, my phone is doing the same thing, neither of us have any apps even installed on the phone, no custom roms, etc.

Sprint Store says there's an app that's slowing it down, even after telling them that there's no apps installed except the factory apps. Say the phones needs to be replaced because they don't have a way to fix it.

Already happened with my previous Evo and same type of deal. I am in no way unitelligent in the cell phone world as I have been a sales consultant, store manager and data manager for 5 years with Sprint, Verizon and now AT&T.

Anyone know of a way to fix this? Was thinking about trying a custom rom just to see..

KDK1000

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
i just bought an atrix and downloaded golflogix and mine wouldnt go into sleep mode afterwords. Ended up going into settings<display<screen timeout. I noticed for whatever reason it had changed to never timeout so i chose 1 min and it works fine now. I dont own an evo and this solution might seem rather obvious but anything is worth a try ;)

dberdusco

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just had my evo replaced because my power button wouldn't do anything...it sunk into the phone and wouldn't respond....my solution to this while I had it replaced was downloading the following apps "screen off and lock" and "no lock".

Setup "no lock" to disable the lock screen and wake up the phone by using the volume buttons

Setup "screen off and lock" to turn off the screen using the search button on your phone.

So to turn off screen use the search button and to wake phone use the volume buttons
That is what I do even now that I have my new phone the only time I use the power button is to flash a Rom or when I rooted other than that I don't touch the power button.....any questions let me know.