Location/clock issues?

euge810

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a stock EVO running current soft/firmware. Last night, fell asleep w phone on, which promptly ran out of battery and shutdown on its own. Woke up, plugged in phone to wall charger, turned it on. Phone said it was 1am and showed weather for Singapore. Too bad it was 9am, sunny, and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area! Wtf is happening? Temp fix for me is checking off the network time. Good thing I didn't have to be awaken by my alarm. Anyone else having this issue?

lgtsbr

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I got off the network time and went with local time, so I'm now set for Eastern time zone

I have had the battery die on me in the middle of the night so I moved a extra power cord I had into my bedroom so my phone is plugged in and charging while I attempt to sleep

Dave

Enraged Medic

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem 2 nights ago. It kept saying I was in Minsk? LOL I'm guessing that's somewhere in the EU and the weather and time zone kept changing back to it. When I woke up in the AM, back to PST and LA weather on my phone :D

euge810

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Problem resolved ot self at about 5 pm PST. Still troubles me that can happen and someone could possibly miss an alarm! Anyone else have the same or similar happen?

i_fly_rc

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
this is a network-wide issue that is being investigated by sprint. i was a rep say this in a sprint forum. so until they find the problem and update the network, we will have to use manual settings if your phone keeps doing this.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
my phone has been displaying the wrong time off on for a few days now, today it said I was in Hyderbad (where in the hell is THAT!!) and it was 68 degrees there

i_fly_rc

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
A quick fix for this problem is to change the clock to manual, set it to your time zone, and then change it back to automatic. It sounds odd but seems to work.