quicktime

wadhapal

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

On an itouch or iphone when you play a streaming file from a webpage it automatically opens in Quicktime.. For instance when I listen to an audio file on 4shared, I press play and Quicktime pops up and starts playing the file..it's much easier to pause/play/rewind/forward the file that way..Wanted to know if there was a way/application/setting where I can do this on my EVO?
Thanks!!!

Last edited:

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you looking for the Quicktime application to run on Android? Or are you asking to play Quicktime files on Android?

Apple did not develop a Quicktime application for Android. This should come as no surprise. :p

There are lots of other alternative movie players, Rock player is one. Other than the stock movie player and Rock player, I have no need for other players. You can do a search on Appbrain for movie players to play whatever format you want, or with different feature sets.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
i kinda think he's asking if there's an app (any kind) that will pop up to play streaming media like quicktime does on a PC.. giving the option to open in given app (sort of how clicking a youtube link asks if you'd like to open it in the youtube app, or youtube from the website).. not really sure

i don't know of an app myself if that's the case..

wadhapal

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Klubhead is right.. When I'm using Safari on itouch if I play an audio file from any website Quicktime automatically pops up and plays the file..It's so much easier to play the file that way than to try to use the player on the 4shared site...so I was hoping there was a way to set that up on the EVO..