you tube help

ktmgary

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
New here sorry if this is dumb. But having problems with you tube, opens but then freezes and seems to turn off my internet connection. Tried to remove and reinstall the app but it is the preloaded app that came on the phone so when i go to the applicatons managment in the setings there doesnt seem to be a way to do it. I know this is not alot of info into the problem but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You mean it freezes altogether and never load contents? or it works and then later crash? if you can use it then check the settings and change the quality. Sometimes when I was in Edge/low 3G sig it use to happen to me also.

ktmgary

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Ya it freezes instanly you can see it trying to load content but seems like it cant. And at the top where it reads youtube itos flashing some strange address or code i know that may not make much sense but its hard to describe. Doesnt seem to be a 3g problem because this just started happening and it worked normal before and i dont know what i may have done to influence it, havent done any new downloads or anything may have been a recent software update though.

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
If you happen to be in an area where both Sprint and Verizon are very strong networks. Not setting your phone to Sprint only compared to automatic may cause this problem because at times it may switch between Sprint 3G and Verizon 3G which may mess up any applications that work based off of some kind of network connection. An easy way to test it is to see it this happens with WiFi. If it does than it could be a faulty boot loader if your rooted. However, if it works over 3G please trying setting the network to Spring only by going to Settings -> Wireless and networks -> Mobile Networks -> Roaming -> Sprint Only

ktmgary

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, tried that and it didnt seem to make a difference. It seems to have something to do with just that app, if i go to youtube using my internet browser it will work. Was gonna try to uninstall and reinstall but it was one of the preloaded apps from sprint and it wont let me do that. If i knew how to take a screen shot i would post a pic of the address or whatever it is at the top of the screen that keeps flashing and that seems to be whats locking it up, its definately not normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463