WHat Exactly is a MOD..For a Widget or App

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
hey whats up guys....i got a quick question for you guys...im basically trying to expand my knowledge bit by bit, so someday down the road I can finally ROOT, and Do certain things to my phone and not have to mkae threads like this constantly cause I know it can be frustrating....But my question is.....Over at XDA there a section for MODS for apps and widgets, does that mean it is a modified version of that app or widget?.....Do you need the app installed in order to use the modified version?....and do you have to be rooted for those kinds of things?.....thanks for taking your time to read this fellas....I really appreciate it...

JON

Ohh one more thing...because I have no clue what this is on my phone....what is the "QUICK OFFICE" app used for that came installed on my EVO?...thanks again

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
A modified widget is just that ... Modified ... Like I have a widget for MIXZING that is clear or transparent .. Many times the modified widget focuses on color or transparencies but there can be other modification ... Note that most if not all modified widgets will not update ... So you will have to uninstall then find the mod to the updated app.

Reactions: reverepats