Sony Ericsson LiveView with Evo? (yay/nay?)

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
i love the idea of the SE Liveview but i've seen nothing but bad reviews.. connection issues mainly..

anyone have it? how is bluetooth connection? battery life?

also, i heard an update was suppose to come out in january.. any better after the update?

thanks

[for those who don't know what LiveView is: LiveView?„? | Phone Remote - Sony Ericsson ]

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
battery life isnt that bad.

it works great with froyo but i swear it has a mind of its own. when it works it is the most awesome devise ever.

somedays it work all day with no disconnects
others it connects and disconnects alot
and other days its useless.

SOOOO much better since the recent updates but on a side note doesnt work to well with gingerbread on cm7

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply man!! I deal blackjack and can't look at my phone for about 1h20min at a time.. Would be nice to check everything through a watch.. Thinking about getting it..

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I just received my Liveview yesterday. Device was very unstable out of the box. I went to the Sony site and downloaded the new software update and it has now been great so far. I will try to give you an update after I have had it for a week.

Reactions: Klubhead

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
After living with Liveview for a week, all I can say is that it has a mind of its own. I have it paired with a stock Evo. It sometimes caused my Evo to lock up. The only issue around this is to remove and re-install the battery. I hope that Sony is working on another update in the near future. As of now, it is testing my patience. It is great when it works. I downloaded a plug-in that allows me to launch any app on my phone from the liveview.

Reactions: Klubhead

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
After living with Liveview for a week, all I can say is that it has a mind of its own. I have it paired with a stock Evo. It sometimes caused my Evo to lock up. The only issue around this is to remove and re-install the battery. I hope that Sony is working on another update in the near future. As of now, it is testing my patience. It is great when it works. I downloaded a plug-in that allows me to launch any app on my phone from the liveview.

thanks again for the update man, i was really hoping u were going to say it's running great lol.. i had a feeling there would still be problems. hopefully another update comes soon.. once again, thanks for the info!!

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks again for the update man, i was really hoping u were going to say it's running great lol.. i had a feeling there would still be problems. hopefully another update comes soon.. once again, thanks for the info!!
Started back using my Liveview last month after receiving an update in the Android market on my phone. 30 days later, I haven't ran into any issues. Before the update, it would lock up my Evo requiring a battery pull just to restart. So far it is working flawlessly .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888