1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data outage in several states

So the 3g on my evo stopped working, and i tried seveal things to get it working again, after failing i called sprint and they had me reboot my phone, after that did not work she informed me that there is a 3g/4g/picmail outage in my area, she also mentioned several other states. so basically i wiped my device for nothing and have to start all over again, GREAT JOB SPRINT!!! Stay Classy!

she also mentioned texas and baltimore. i'm in ohio
    Last edited by hollj00; 02-07-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

i had this happen several days in a row. I caleld Sprint several times and was told basically the same thing. After I flippedout about how often this was happening. A floor supervisor (I think) explained that Sprint is upgrading all of their equipment (towers, lines, etc.) She said this is geared toward getting 4g everywhere. I actually received a call a little while later from a guy with a houston number (I'm in texas) who said he was a contractor working on sprints lines and wanted to let me know my service should be up and working. It was and has been since. It sucked, but equipment does have to be maintained and a bit of temporary discomfort may pay off in the end. I hope your issues are resolved soon
    Lovin my Evo,
    Shelly

Yeah, mine appears to be out today in Dayton, OH, but is it really an outage...

My wife's Moment appeared to be fine. I did get a pic message (that is stuck) last night while asleep and it hasn't been working since then. 3G was fine before that, at least it was when I went to bed. Or is it fine until you get the pic message!?!?

ROM
    MikG/Synergy

I am having similar issues this morning in Cincinnati, OH. Have not called Sprint yet to verify. Good thing I can just flip on 4G!

Edit: My wife's phone (not an Evo) is also experiencing data outage, so it must be the network.
    Last edited by bassmanxu; 02-07-2011 at 08:16 AM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

My 3g finally came back on this morning. When I'm ay work I get 4g most of the time at home I use WiFi but it was the periods without anything that was annoying 2 days without data sucks. I also got my phone back to where it was so not too mad any more. Cincy area BTW

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Had the same issue yesterday and earlier this morning in Dayton. I was home for most of it, so I used WiFi. Hubby had problems too, assuming this was a Sprint issue.