Circle Launcher questions

DulceSugar

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me if I need to be rooted to change the icons i want in circle launcher? I tried long pressing them but I dont get the option.

Thanks!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, you should be able to place your icons on the dekstop anyway you want to, although they do grid align so a circle may be impossible to do. There are a couple of launcher apps (launcher pro and AWD launcher) but they don't have circle launchers either. There may be a custom theme out there you could try but I have never seen anything like what you are wanting. Rooting will give you access to custom ROMs but I haven't seen a ROM with a circle app launcher either. Sounds like a launcher request in the app development thread...

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It's an app that lets you move your device in a circle to launch the apps you choose. It's available from the market.

Sent from my eVo

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me if I need to be rooted to change the icons i want in circle launcher? I tried long pressing them but I dont get the option.

Thanks!

If an app works without root, there's no reason why root is needed to enable options (unless that option accesses some restricted area). To learn more about what root is, go to the hacks subforum and read the PSA on root. Your question is very similar to, "do I need to take my car to the mechanic if I want to start the engine?" The answer is, why would you need to do that for a normal feature?

The circle launcher is just a widget. I didn't particularly like it or enjoy it, but options are set before the widget is placed on the screen.

DulceSugar

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
whoa! lol all I want to know is how to change the icons of the apps I put in circle launcher. I just got my Evo 3 days ago, pardon me if it just doesn't come to me!!

There are lots of apps I have seen that only allows certain changes wo being root. Therefore, I am wanting to know if this is one of those apps!

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
oh,
when you say "change the icons" it very often means you desire to change the small pictures associated with apps---not changing the apps==that's why everyone brought up Rooting & Roms.

you can't just change the icons associated with Apps---unless you're using something like ADW or another replacement Home Launcher

sidenote: if you're looking to change the apps in the launcher itself, here ya go:
1) tap the center of the CircleLauncher
2) once you see the Wrench appear in the center of the circle, long press (2 seconds) the center of the Circle Launcher again--this enters Settings
3) tap "Selected Apps"
4) pick & choose your apps you now want populated in your CircleLauncher

hope this helps!

Reactions: DulceSugar

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
whoa! lol all I want to know is how to change the icons of the apps I put in circle launcher. I just got my Evo 3 days ago, pardon me if it just doesn't come to me!!

There are lots of apps I have seen that only allows certain changes wo being root. Therefore, I am wanting to know if this is one of those apps!

I understand what you talking about, there is not a way to have custom app icons in Circle Launcher, like you may have done in your 3rd party launcher app.

Circle Launcher is a widget and populates the selected apps in Circle Launcher as they appear in the app drawer.....

Reactions: DulceSugar

DulceSugar

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
thanks everyone, I saw screenshots of someone who did use custom icons in her circle launcher (Hello kitty ones and others) but she is rooted. I guess thats my answer.

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
anyone else running into the issue where some of the contacts photos aren't syncing? Tried sync my pix and that didn't work. Any suggestions?

keano

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just ran into this roadblock myself. I have my phone themed to the point that the CL app icons stick out like a sore thumb. All we can do is hope for an update. :p