1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with contacts

So I was with verizon up until a few weeks ago, now im with sprint. All my contacts from my old phone we backed up with verizon wireless back up assistant, So im trying to figure out if there is a way I can save my contacts to transfer them to my new Evo before I cant login into my verizon account any more?
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Are you able to download them on to a computer? If you are you have two options (maybe more if someone else can chime in):

1) Go to google contacts on a browser and import your contacts from a saved file (like a CSV)

2) Link outlook (if you have it) to your google account (there's a google app for this) and import your contacts in to outlook which will in turn sync them with your Google account - this is useful if you can't get a good clean export of your contacts.

I'm not sure how the VZW contacts are stored.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay thanks alot I found out how to save it as CSV, im going to link it through outlook
    Last edited by lDaChOsEnOnEl; 02-09-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Another easy way to do it is via Bluetooth. Sync both phones and send them via Bluetooth. Its quick and easy.

If Verizon lets you save it as a vcard, that's probably easiest. Put on sd card, click contacts, import, vcard, etc. Or, save as vcard, open gmail on your computer, and import the vcard. Phone will sync shortly thereafter.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lDaChOsEnOnEl View Post
    So I was with verizon up until a few weeks ago, now im with sprint. All my contacts from my old phone we backed up with verizon wireless back up assistant, So im trying to figure out if there is a way I can save my contacts to transfer them to my new Evo before I cant login into my verizon account any more?
    Save your contacts to a CSV file and import into your google account. Use google account on new phone. Done.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    Are you able to download them on to a computer? If you are you have two options (maybe more if someone else can chime in):

1) Go to google contacts on a browser and import your contacts from a saved file (like a CSV)

2) Link outlook (if you have it) to your google account (there's a google app for this) and import your contacts in to outlook which will in turn sync them with your Google account - this is useful if you can't get a good clean export of your contacts.

I'm not sure how the VZW contacts are stored.
    You can also import a CSV directly into Google. That saves a step.