derik123derik123

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
[Sorry if this is the wrong section]
My first real smart phone was the palm pre on sprint. I absolutely loved the phone. It had a slick ui, the multitasking was ingenious, granted i bought the pre when it first came out so it was version one os and version one hardware.. i love the pre.
My only problem with the pre was that it was slow and laggy, I modded it, overclocked it..
When the HTC evo came out I jumped right aboard and haven't looked back.
Im rooted.. running cm7 gingerbread with 4g..
But after seeing the palm(I refuse to refer to it as hp) pre 3 im torn between going back to webos or sticking with android...
Im assuming that sprint will be getting a mew android device and will be releasing it in june similarly to the pre 3 in june(probably)

Anyone else having this issue.. I love android... but I love webos.. haha

I see it as a relationship... I abandoned webos for android.. now im trying to get webos but I still love android... does that make me a slut? Hahah

XCypserX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
lol, that totally makes you a slut. I haven't really been thinking about going back to webos. Nothing has changed my mind about android yet.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
When I jumped to the EVO after carrying a Palm device every day for over ten years, I told myself iud consider going back to Palm if it looked like they were resurging. Alas, it hasn't happened and I don't think it is going to happen.

The new Pre isn't that grand a phone on specs, despite the nice features of webos. And Palm has lost a lot of key creative people in the year since we went Android.

Secondary reasons applicable to me that may not apply to everyone are that I've come to love the big 4.3 inch screen, couldn't use the touch interface on a smaller screen now and be happy. Also, I'm obligated to Sprint, and every coverage I've seen suggests that the new Pre is more likely to come to Verizon, at least at first.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
lol i hear ya man.. i was in the same boat.. but my "wow factor" with the evo was and still is more than that of the pre when i had it (also version 1, overclocked), so i don't think i'll be swapping back any time soon.. it's an awesome UI and i'm glad HP is really pushing the mobile market, but i just really have a feeling it will still be left in the dust..

the only hardware plus appealing to me is the 1.4ghz processor.. and even that isn't too great now that dual-core is on the horizon..

i can only imagine what sprint has up their sleeve for the summer..

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think people do get too caught up with spec sheets. But at the end of the day, its what can the phone do and can it last. We all know the answer to that question when comparing a Pre and Evo.

I'd like to say i want to wait for the Pre3 but its not what i wanted... A BB TORCH with webOS on it. LOL. The EVo isn't what i want either but i honestly feel as others mentioned webOS is history. After symbian/meego, webOS is next for Charles Darwin to scoop up.

PapaNoHair#AC

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
This time WebOS is going to have to "prove" itself first. I will not even consider leaving the Evo/Android system until I watch the new Pre3 for at least 9-12 months. Their words don't always match their actions (bear in mind, this comes from a Pre lover who should have left long before I finally did!)

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
This time WebOS is going to have to "prove" itself first. I will not even consider leaving the Evo/Android system until I watch the new Pre3 for at least 9-12 months. Their words don't always match their actions (bear in mind, this comes from a Pre lover who should have left long before I finally did!)

agreed!! too many empty promises from palm :-\

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i've been living with my Pre hoping HP would indeed come out with something "within weeks" of this announcement. Not only will they not be doing that, they will not be upgrading our existing hardware to webOS 2.0.

They have lost me, going to pick up my new Evo this weekend!!

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Ur not alone buddy I also came from the pre but I love my evo n now that hp took control I see webos getting better n honestly speaking that was true multitasking but even though there's paower on the pre3 I knw the evo2 is right around the corner so is gonna b hard for me to go back but one think I will get is gonna b the touchpad for sure...we have to admit the touchpad is pretty nice

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There's no doubt that Google is going to rule the world...why would you want to be against them?

I'd guess that if you traded for the webos, a month or too later you'd be wondering if you should switch back to Android. As some famous songwriter said...love the one your with.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Palm today is not Palm a long time ago.

The original Pre copied too many things from the Iphone ever since Rubenstein became CEO.

I mean... no video recording for half a year... gaming before core features, etc.
Stuff like that made me lose respect for them.
And they don't adapt well at all. I mean they still have the 3.2" screen. They have made software improvements but oh my god the battery sucked all the time.

tjsongman

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Switched from Pre (-), to an Evo just over a month ago. Keyboard was failing. I LOVE webOS!!! The new hardware is not mind blowing, or even on par with the latest stuff out right now. However, it is a sign of good things to come. The software looks sick. The ONLY thing that keeps me from going back to webOS is their continued lack of big name apps. Once they get some of the big name apps, that I have come to love and depend on over the last five weeks, I WILL return to webOS. Until then, I am loving my Evo!! ;-)

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Switched from Pre (-), to an Evo just over a month ago. Keyboard was failing. I LOVE webOS!!! The new hardware is not mind blowing, or even on par with the latest stuff out right now. However, it is a sign of good things to come. The software looks sick. The ONLY thing that keeps me from going back to webOS is their continued lack of big name apps. Once they get some of the big name apps, that I have come to love and depend on over the last five weeks, I WILL return to webOS. Until then, I am loving my Evo!! ;-)

I think its a while before WebOS gets "big name" apps. And by the time they do Android will most likely be vastly improved from where it is now.

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
WebOS is great but I really think these new HP devices (except the touchpad) are gonna bomb. I think developers are going to want some substantial market share or at least growth to begin developing.

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
lets say.. only 20% of the apps are good quality.. on any ecosystem..

20% of a bigger number is better.
apple has the biggest... then android..
everyone else is a far far behind!