just got an evo and need help

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
the evo i got is running ‎3.30.651.3 and i want 3.70.651.1 can i just use an update.zip? and where can i find it?

On your phone:

Menu > Settings > System Updates > Firmware Update

It will search to find any updates, then give you the opportunity to download and install any updates.

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
On your phone:

Menu > Settings > System Updates > Firmware Update

It will search to find any updates, then give you the opportunity to download and install any updates.

yeah its not finding it the evo is a 0004 so i dont know why it doesnt have it already. i have a .zip that say OTA_supersonic_3.70.651.1-3.30.651.3_releasekobxwrvtv9q86pp0 should i manually install that?

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
yeah its not finding it the evo is a 0004 so i dont know why it doesnt have it already. i have a .zip that say OTA_supersonic_3.70.651.1-3.30.651.3_releasekobxwrvtv9q86pp0 should i manually install that?

I'll have to let someone else answer that as I have no idea...

I don't understand why it doesn't find new firmware. I just got my phone on Thursday and the update worked for me.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you know how to manually install an update? Do you know what flashing is?

Otherwise I would stay away from it.

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you know how to manually install an update? Do you know what flashing is?

Otherwise I would stay away from it.

yeah i know how to install it. and i flashed my epic when i got it. now im rooted. its not my evo. i just want to know if that manual .zip update i have will work

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
You can only flash ROMs if you have root access and a recovery installed (clockwork or amon_RA). If you have both root and a recovery, the you reboot into recovery, nandroid back up, wipe data/cache/dalvik, then flash the zip. Reboot into updated OS.

If all this sounds foreign to you the you will need to read up on rooting and installing custom ROMs. Both can easily be found on this forum.

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
You can only flash ROMs if you have root access and a recovery installed (clockwork or amon_RA). If you have both root and a recovery, the you reboot into recovery, nandroid back up, wipe data/cache/dalvik, then flash the zip. Reboot into updated OS.

If all this sounds foreign to you the you will need to read up on rooting and installing custom ROMs. Both can easily be found on this forum.

my samsung epic is rooted. the evo is not mine and its not rooted, i just want to manually update it but i dont know where to find the update.zip that i need. i have one but im not sure if its the right one.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
You cannot flash a zip unless you are rooted and can boot into recovery. Since you do not have root on your EVO the only way you can update, that I know of, is via the OTA process.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I wasn't able to help you out, but I have never heard of a manual update process involving a zip file ROM image that doesn't require root. Maybe some of the more experienced guys will respond. Good luck! Hope you get it all figured out.

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If your phone is not rooted and you want the 3.70 software you need to run what's called an ruu from a computer. But, if the phone is not bone stock it will fail. I've seen the ruus posted over at xda

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Place the PC36IMG.zip file on the root of your SD card. Shut down and turn on into Hboot then flash the PC36IMG from there

docreich

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If you want the up date go to settings all the way at bottom you need the update section it is under software not firm ware click on up date it should pick it up

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep, if the phone isn't looking for it, or it doesn't show up, you don't need it, or it's not for your generation of phone. I am now running 3.70.651.1, but it showed up as an OTA. Truthfully, it's just bloatware. I don't notice ANY difference in performance, anywhere.

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I wasn't able to help you out, but I have never heard of a manual update process involving a zip file ROM image that doesn't require root. Maybe some of the more experienced guys will respond. Good luck! Hope you get it all figured out.

reboot into recovery mode, Use the volume button to select RECOVERY,Hold the volume up button and press the power button. Choose applysdcard:update.zip. no need for root. idk why you are mentions ROMS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon