Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Words with Friends

FYI, It's out. Downloaded on my EVO today. Works good so far. I'm just losing .
    Last edited by cvflowe; 02-14-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Who makes Words with Friends?

It's apparently made by Zynga (the same company that makes Zynga Poker).

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zynga.words

got it! playing with my wife now. edit....OMG! this initial version is rough at best, you cant customize settings, there are no notifications that the other player has played a word. with Wordsmith I could play a word once a week and my wife would get a notification or vice versa
    Last edited by scott_0; 02-15-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
    got it! playing with my wife now. edit....OMG! this initial version is rough at best, you cant customize settings, there are no notifications that the other player has played a word. with Wordsmith I could play a word once a week and my wife would get a notification or vice versa
    I get a notification in the notification bar when the other player has played a word.

Just downloaded it. Time to take on my Iphone friends
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

The ads are rough...

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

+1

They have to be making a boatload with an ad after every turn. This makes me wonder about ever seeing a paid version.

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

wordfeud is way better

ROM
    CM7 Night/Tiamat 3.3.7SBC

Im on CM7 Rom and when I installed words with friends its not picking up my contact list, any CM7 users know why?

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly Build 31

Isn't the contact list for your friends in the game?

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 44thrilla View Post
    wordfeud is way better
    Nice try, but just the fact that it isn't cross-platform compatible and has about 1% the community that Words With Friends has makes your statement dumb.

Global Posts
    3,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    aokp milestone 4

renegade37918

EyEz4U

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I have to say this app runs like complete crap and I wouldn't even label this thing a beta at this point.

Does anyone know where I can download the APK file for this game? I've been looking everywhere! Thanks

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    I have to say this app runs like complete crap and I wouldn't even label this thing a beta at this point.
    I agree I am very disappointed in this release!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

anyone else feel like WWF is causing unusual battery drain?
    Phone: HTC One (M8)
    Root Method: ....
    Recovery: ....
    Kernel: ....
    Rom: ....

Quote Originally Posted by Klubhead View Post
    anyone else feel like WWF is causing unusual battery drain?
    Oh, it kills my battery... I just assumed it was because of the screen usage though.

Anybody running this with Adfree? It worked for me to begin with but when I updated Adfree to block the ads I get a error basically relating to it not being able to display the ads with the only option being to exit the application. I don't want to remove adfree just for this and I don't see a way to disable adfree so I can play WWF and they don't have a paid version I can buy. Anybody seen the this?

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    Oh, it kills my battery... I just assumed it was because of the screen usage though.
    I just noticed that it does seem to use a lot of battery. With the update they allow you to set your notification check intervals. I assume this means the notificatiosn arent push?! Maybe this is why is uses so much battery? Checking for moves every 5 minutes?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I've only got one game going, but I notice that sometimes when I get the notification that its my turn, when I open the app it still says its the other player's turn.

Sometimes it stay like this for a few minutes, sometimes hours.

Anybody else experiencing this lag between notification and the app updating to show the other player's word and allow you to play? I could understand if it was just a few minutes for the servers to update, but it has taken 2+ hours about half the time

Quote Originally Posted by ToddPsyD View Post
    I just noticed that it does seem to use a lot of battery. With the update they allow you to set your notification check intervals. I assume this means the notificatiosn arent push?! Maybe this is why is uses so much battery? Checking for moves every 5 minutes?
    Oo didn't notice an update, I set it to 1 hour.. Hopefully that will help

Edit- I can already see a tremendous battery improvement, thanks again for the heads up on that update

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    Nice try, but just the fact that it isn't cross-platform compatible and has about 1% the community that Words With Friends has makes your statement dumb.
    hahahahaha scrabble is serious business, apparently.

anyone get this error before?

i don't know what to do.. i see my current games for a split second then it goes to this screen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Words with Friends-snap20110222_151119.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast