Evo Text/SMS messages out of order (still)

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey any Evo users still having issues with SMS messages being out of order due to the time stamp? I started having this issue a couple of weeks ago and now it is constant, messages from others are always 2 or 3 minutes off and thus out of sequence. I've searched through the forum here on this and I know my problem is not related to (a) roaming or (b) weak signal.

Anyone know if this is the HTC SMS app or is it a Sprint Network issue (just trying to figure out which support staff to heckle). I checked with a couple of other EVO users here in Chicago (one right here in my office) and they are reporting the same issue too.

Thanks!

JT

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i was having this issue for the longest time. i hard reset mine a few weeks ago and updated the prl that was out and havent had any issues since, at least for now haha

i was using that sms time fix thing before too and that did nothing for me. not using it now and seems to be working for me fine

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i hard reset mine a few weeks ago and updated the prl that was out and havent had any issues since, at least for now haha

Thanks, yeah I did a hard reset yesterday as my calendar got wonky and had doubled up all my appointments (just on the phone, not in Exchange) and was having the SMS and a few other issues. So I did the wipe data/factory reset option and then restored my apps via Titanium Backup and all that is fine (and the calendar re-synced perfectly), but still having the SMS issue. Hmm.

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hmm, weird. all i can say is that I only used AppBrain to restore my apps. only thing I can see different. Good luck in a fix! Sorry I couldn't be more help.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Use Handcent. Should put them in the right order. I've seen this a few times at my store recently and Handcent always seems to keep things in order.

packpackpack

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This was happening to me up until I installed Handcent the other day. Happy to report that not only is Handcent a far superior messaging app than is the stock app, but the reorder issue went away as well.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Installed Handcent and as everyone says, it solves the problem. Even the old message threads already on the phone show up in the correct order (but if you go to the HTC Message app they are sitll displayed incorrectly). This proves to me there's some bug in the HTC messaging app and I believe I noticed this get much worse after the last HTC update.

Anyway Handcent is the cure and so far I too like it better than the stock app :)

ProCision

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was the only one, I didn't think much of it other then it was kinda annoying. I also installed Handcent last night do to not liking the stock sms app being sub par.

rjw

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint 3 weeks ago and they stated they were aware of the issue and a fix should be in place sometime soon from HTC.

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What is the latest PRL Update for the EVO...?? Mine has been on 60675 since forever. It doesn't seem to change when I do the update.

HamRadioNut

I think it's only bc I missed the last one that I might have thought it was recent, haha sorry if that's the case. mine is the same as yours btw

Reactions: HamRadioNut

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
hmm, will have to try handcent out even though im not having issues with my messaging.

Yeah give it a try, it has a lot of slick customizable features like a popup window that lets you respond to messages without going into the sms app (nice but I actually turned that off, for me notifications are enough) and being able to chose custom notification sounds for specific users (i.e. I now have a Star Trek "Red Alert" klaxon when I get a SMS from our emergency help desk ticket system).

JT

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463