1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Broken Screen

Hello All...Need EVO advice. I messed up and dropped my phone, and shattered the screen. Asurion is sending me a new one. I have the Missing Sync, and it doesn't seem to be very friendly. It wants to delete all my contacts, so I'm not messing with that program. The phone still works. Will all my contacts be on my current SIM card, to transfer to my new phone? I did figure out how to put my contacts in Gmail on my Mac OSX. What do you recommend to transfer contacts? I guess when I get my new phone, I'll get a cover this time! Lol Thanks in advance!

Mike

when you get your new phone it'll ask for your gmail account log in and it will automatically bring in your contacts

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

^^ is right

just make sure that you completely sync your phone before Wiping it & sending it back to Asurion

(menu>settings>Accounts & Sync>choose your gmail account>make sure all 3 boxes are checked---then Sync NOW)

....and if I may add - People - menu - import/export - export to SD card. This method work pretty well too.

Ps. I just came from the sprint store where I have my screen replace.(the glass wasn't flushed on the frame)

Sim card?

The Evo doesn't have a sim card.

All of your contacts should be saved to your gmail account. Once you get your new phone all you have to do is sign in to your gmail account and your contacts will sync to the phone.
    HTC Evo LTE

You can make sure your contacts are backed up by clicking on contacts. Then, hit menu to export your PHONE contacts. Then, same thing to import your contacts into your google account. Don't worry that it doubles up some entries. You are sending that phone back and you'll just get one of each when you sign back into google on your new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    ....and if I may add - People - menu - import/export - export to SD card. This method work pretty well too.

Ps. I just came from the sprint store where I have my screen replace.(the glass wasn't flushed on the frame)
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but can I ask if you had to be without your phone and for how long? I just noticed I cracked my screen and need to replace it. I just don't want to be without my phone.

Global Posts
    959 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

Quote Originally Posted by Saphira View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but can I ask if you had to be without your phone and for how long? I just noticed I cracked my screen and need to replace it. I just don't want to be without my phone.
    If you have insurance just take it to a Sprint repair store and they'll replace of there for 35$.
    Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

lot's of people cracking their screens

take it to a repair center, i just got mine replaced and like southphilly stated above they will repair it for $35. If they don't you might need to try and call around first as each store as their own policies (as per sprint). I would think your best bet is with a dedicated repair center.