sprint navigator updated to telenav gps

Johnnydalimp

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up guys. I always liked google nav better but with this update have now switched. Yes, it's that much better now. Thank you Telanav.

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Thanks for the in-depth feedback. I think our team who worked on this version will find your thoughts extremely useful. I really appreciate you taking the time.

In particular, I would agree with you about placement of the "home" button. Its actually the feature I use most often and it would probably be more useful being placed on the homepage. Thanks for sharing.

Now that I think about it, it would be cool to have a "Work" button in addition to a "Home" button. Seems a lot of people use their phone nav systems for commuting so having quick access to both directions would be cool. Normally I don't use it for going to work in the morning but sometimes I hit the freeway and it's jammed. There is an alternate route but it might be jammed as well. If I could quickly get the nav going it would be a great feature.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Now that I think about it, it would be cool to have a "Work" button in addition to a "Home" button. Seems a lot of people use their phone nav systems for commuting so having quick access to both directions would be cool. Normally I don't use it for going to work in the morning but sometimes I hit the freeway and it's jammed. There is an alternate route but it might be jammed as well. If I could quickly get the nav going it would be a great feature.

You could always set up a commute alert with TeleNav.

Here is the way to set it up from a computer (from the TeleNav blogs).
1. Login to TeleNav - Voice directions on your GPS phone using your phone number and PIN.
2. Select ?My Settings.?
3. Select ?Commute Alerts? on the side bar.
4. Select ?Add Alert.?
5. Enter the relevant ?Commute Alert? route information (same as above).
6. Click ?Save? to finalize.

Link to original blog: Tips & Tricks: How To Set Up Commute Alerts | TeleNav® Blog - Navigating Life

Reactions: KenjiatTeleNav

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just found the Commute Alerts function on the Telenav web site this morning. Sprint's charging extra for it but using this Telenav page instead of the Sprint Navigation page lets you set them up without signing up for the premium service. Worked fine this morning.

KenjiatTeleNav

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

This is a great idea. I'll be adding this to my email to our product team. :)

KenjiatTeleNav

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off alternate route suggestions upon route start? I've got the app set to avoid traffic delays, which means it often doesn't use the original route chosen anyway, so that's an extra second wasted waiting for the app to show alternate routes...

Thanks for your patience, Glenn. I asked our product team about this and right now, there isn't a way to turn multiple-route selection off. That said, when a route is created, it takes traffic into consideration.

Please be assured that I'm going to be sending feedback from this forum to our product team and I'll certainly include your thoughts and use case in my email. If there is anything else you would like me to include, please let me know! Thanks, Glenn.

KenjiatTeleNav

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded and I can't seem to find the option Drive To--Intersection. The older version let me input just the intersection street names. Was this option forgotten or was it left out on purpose????? or am I just overlooking this option.

No, you're correct - this has been removed. However, I've asked our team about if there is still a way to do this and I understand you can enter an intersection by pressing Drive To - Address. The functionality should work the same.

KenjiatTeleNav

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I have some information to share with you. Our product team has let me know that there was a bug in the specific build for the EVO that was causing unnecessary drain on the battery but as a result of your feedback, it has since been fixed.

Please let me know if you guys have noticed any changes or if you have any other feedback you would like me to provide back to them. Cheers!

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Does this mean that the background task has been removed and the download is now ready on the web site? Or, will it be coming automatically upon starting Naviation?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. I have some information to share with you. Our product team has let me know that there was a bug in the specific build for the EVO that was causing unnecessary drain on the battery but as a result of your feedback, it has since been fixed.

Please let me know if you guys have noticed any changes or if you have any other feedback you would like me to provide back to them. Cheers!

Is that version out? I have 6.2.6201286. Tried the download again and the version didn't change.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Once Kenji posted that a fix was out, I finally downloaded the application. It ended up being the same version that had been out with the background task running. Although it was much better than Sprint Navigation 2.8, I promptly removed it due to the background task.

Hopefully Kenji will update us further today.

KenjiatTeleNav

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean that the background task has been removed and the download is now ready on the web site? Or, will it be coming automatically upon starting Naviation?

I've been told by our team that it still runs in the background but it will not impact the battery like it did before prior to the bug fix. I'll see if I can find some more information. I'll also provide your feedback to our team so please - if you have something you would like me to make sure to pass on to them, let me know. Thanks all.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been told by our team that it still runs in the background but it will not impact the battery like it did before prior to the bug fix. I'll see if I can find some more information. I'll also provide your feedback to our team so please - if you have something you would like me to make sure to pass on to them, let me know. Thanks all.

Hi KenjiatTeleNav, what is the latest version#? Is it still 6.2.6201286 ?

bjharada

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the Navigation system very often, maybe once a month. For it to run as a constant background service, it is using precious memory and resources when it isn't even needed. Sure it may have a small footprint and a faster start time, but I'm willing to wait for a little longer startup if you remove it from background services.

Otherwise I will not be installing this version.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Kenji:

It appears that the version available to download is still the old version. Can you confirm what the current version # is? Also, can you find out why they have it still in the background and if they plan on removing that. A lot of individuals, including myself, will not update (no matter how good it is) until that is taken care of.

jc924

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
First of all, the new version is great! I have been using Telenav for years - since back in my Treo days - and this version is so much quicker and loads the gps so much faster it is amazing.

One suggestion. Can you make the "End Trip" and "Exit" buttons larger and more prominent? It's a pain to have to press Menu to get to them and then find them on the menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781