Touch screen response is hit and miss, doesn't always register

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So I just picked up an Evo and am using it now after rooting and loading the Sprint Lover's ROM per the instructions in the sticky in the roms / rooting subforum. I don't know if this is a rooting issue, an Evo issue, a my phone issue, or a sweaty fingertip issue.

My touch screen doesn't always detect light touches. Most of the time it does, and I've downloaded Touch Test to give it a whirl, and most of the time it's flawless with the feather lightest of touches, but other times I have to apply a firm tap to the screen to get it to register. It's not consistently bad, it's far more good than bad, but those occasional times it won't register a fingertip are frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'll give it a couple days of use to see if it clears itself up before really being concerned.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine is stock, and has no issues with fingertaps. I'm amazed at how well this phone works compared to my Hero, which was leaps and bounds better than my Treo ever was.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Try doing a G-Sensor Calibration.. Menu - Settings - Display - G-sensor calibration and follow steps. See if that would fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta