Email question

chance3279

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my EVO, when I deleted my emails from my server (hotmail and POP) they would delete from my phone. Now they all stay on my phone. I get about a hundred a day and I liked that I could check them on my phone but I could delete them easier on my computer. Now I have to manually erase them from my phone. Is there a setting I'm missing? This is my fourth, but I set them all up the same each time ( I think). Thanks for any input.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
For starters - you need to uninstall and reinstall the mail app. Menu - settings - applications - manage applications - all - mail.

As for your next question - There are no "Set automatic deletion of emails" for the stock email client...that i know of -- you would have to delete email(s) manually. There is an option to delete one or all emails at the same time.

Best of luck.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my EVO, when I deleted my emails from my server (hotmail and POP) they would delete from my phone. Now they all stay on my phone. I get about a hundred a day and I liked that I could check them on my phone but I could delete them easier on my computer. Now I have to manually erase them from my phone. Is there a setting I'm missing? This is my fourth, but I set them all up the same each time ( I think). Thanks for any input.

Use Hotmail with EAS, that should update things for you. POP inherently doesn't quite "sync"

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had one Yahoo and one Gmail go bad on me and do the same thing as OP. I use the stock email app for my EVO and just deleted both accounts and reinstalled and they work fine, Sometimes it just get's confused I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87