2.3? when and if?

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
hey yall. ok i havent been around in awhile and i got an ipad so i have been messing with that quite a bit,anyways,any info on 2.3 for the evo? i know the evo has kind of taken a back seat to all the new stuff. but i still love this phone. so...will we be getting it soon? lemme know what yall think.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read around here on AC and over at XDA is that devices like the EVO, DroidX and so on wont see an official 2.3 update. What we're waiting for is the 2.4 update. Its suppose to be a more friendly update for single core devices. Search the front page of AC, if I remember right that's where I read it first. But like someone mentioned above, there are a few custom ROM's based off of 2.3. And I'm sure more are to come.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read around here on AC and over at XDA is that devices like the EVO, DroidX and so on wont see an official 2.3 update. What we're waiting for is the 2.4 update. Its suppose to be a more friendly update for single core devices. Search the front page of AC, if I remember right that's where I read it first. But like someone mentioned above, there are a few custom ROM's based off of 2.3. And I'm sure more are to come.

Friendly for Single-core devices? No it adds dual-core support. Really nothing else, but Google is trying it's best to help the fragmentation.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Most likely seeing that the new HTC devices are getting 2.4. If HTC and Sprint decide to update the EVO, it will most likely be 2.4. From talking to multiple Sprint sources, the talks went dead when the 2.4 thing came about. Before that numerous sources had said to me Gingerbread for the EVO was being worked on. After the announcement of 2.4, the talks went dead.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
hey yall. ok i havent been around in awhile and i got an ipad so i have been messing with that quite a bit,anyways,any info on 2.3 for the evo? i know the evo has kind of taken a back seat to all the new stuff. but i still love this phone. so...will we be getting it soon? lemme know what yall think.
I spoke to a HTC rep and was told that Gingerbread will be out soon(no specific date was mentioned). I don't know what to say on that - however, I'm optimistic that we will be getting an update pretty soon. :)

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to a HTC rep and was told that Gingerbread will be out soon(no specific date was mentioned). I don't know what to say on that - however, I'm optimistic that we will be getting an update pretty soon. :)

How did you come into contact with this rep? I'm now getting conflicting reports from my sources at HTC and Sprint.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Please update HTC. That SMS "bug" worries the hell out of me. lol.

You know...you big wigs tie me into a 2 year contract then leave my device in the dust? Thats one of the reasons i left HP/Palm. Get it together!

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Please update HTC. That SMS "bug" worries the hell out of me. lol.

You know...you big wigs tie me into a 2 year contract then leave my device in the dust? Thats one of the reasons i left HP/Palm. Get it together!

That issue was only in 2.3 I believe. It was a Nexus S bug.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11