1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Default Can I use bluetooth to RECORD audio (to help podcast my class)?

As a junior high teacher, I use my EVO to podcast my class lectures for kids who are absent or need to review. It works wonderfully, and I've been using AL Voice Recorder without a problem. But it is hard for the kids to hear me when I stray away from the EVO (on my desk...but I like to roam when I speak).

I thought a good solution would be to use my bluetooth headset to transmit while teaching. I'd look a bit silly, but if it helps them hear me then it would be worth it. But I can't get the recorder to recognize the bluetooth input. It automatically uses the microphone even when the BT is hooked up and working.
    I have even tried switching programs to Hi-Q MP3 recorder (also awesome), but to no avail.

Does anybody know if there is a way to record audio through the BT input? A program? A setting change? I (and my students) would greatly appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks
    K--

ROM
    Stock 2.3

You could try connecting as a call using the record widget and just go with that but don't know what number you could call just to get silence...?
    "The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it." -Niccolo Machiavelli

Maybe this would work:

Or search market for "Voice2Do"

It records audio through bluetooth and seems to save it as a .wav file. I would play with it and see if it records long enough to work.

Default Re: Can I use bluetooth to RECORD audio (to help podcast my class)?

You can get a headset that includes a mic in it and not plug in one earbud. Or just get a lavalier mike and plug it in.