Is the EVO still the"favorite" on the Sprint network

Trantzz

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello Evo forum,

I am a avid Android user. I have been using the Droid X since release and love it. I have been a life long Verizon subscriber. Due to circumstances beyond my control I will be switching to Sprint soon.

Is the Evo still considered the # 1 option on Sprint? Is there anything on the horizon I should wait for?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Nothing really Android that I've heard of. Just a new Palm Pre...Windows HTC 7 Pro... iPhone5 maybe and for Android a new Galaxy Tab.
The EVO is a great phone. But their will definitely be more devices released by Sprint this year. I guess it is just personal opinion but I would wait to CTIA in March and see what is announced there.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It comes down to what you need and/or want. I have the evo, wife has the epic, we both love our phones and probably wouldnt carry the other. Lol. So there you go.
Note: not saying epic is a girls phone. Not even implying. Just worked out that way.

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy my evo, sure there are things I would improve on it, but the only other phone is compares to on Sprints network is the Epic and I am biased against Samsung for personal reasons for Evo imo. :)

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
evo is great phone.. but it is long in the tooth.

still can hold its own..and the dev support is one of the best in size and activity.

but... if you can, i would wait for the next. which will be 4 months.. (total guess)

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
A rooted Evo is amazing with the dev community. You get bored, you can almost get a new phone by flashing a ROM. You want Gingerbread now, load up CM7, which now has 4G and will soon have full HDMI mirroring.

HDMI is a huge feature in my opinion, as is the kickstand. Even the long anticipated Verizon Thunderbolt doesn't have HDMI.

Battery life is often criticized, but I got the Seido extended battery and back and it's amazing. Can't kill the battery in a day, no matter how much I try to now.

When I upgrade, it will only be for a phone that has a vastly improved camera, as all the other features (such as dual core, screen enhancements, etc.) are only marginal improvements on a phone that I think is still on top of the game.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
As long as you want to get a phone that will never be updated to Froyo....or Gingerbread and get completely no support from the phone manufacturer.

If you can say "yes" to those, then by all means go with the Epic!

The Epic is actually a great phone and has Froyo.......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad