Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Is the EVO still the"favorite" on the Sprint network

Hello Evo forum,

I am a avid Android user. I have been using the Droid X since release and love it. I have been a life long Verizon subscriber. Due to circumstances beyond my control I will be switching to Sprint soon.

Is the Evo still considered the # 1 option on Sprint? Is there anything on the horizon I should wait for?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Evo is #1 imo..
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Nothing really Android that I've heard of. Just a new Palm Pre...Windows HTC 7 Pro... iPhone5 maybe and for Android a new Galaxy Tab.
    The EVO is a great phone. But their will definitely be more devices released by Sprint this year. I guess it is just personal opinion but I would wait to CTIA in March and see what is announced there.

ROM
    midNIGHT ROM v.3.2

Epic, or wait for newer phones

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

It comes down to what you need and/or want. I have the evo, wife has the epic, we both love our phones and probably wouldnt carry the other. Lol. So there you go.
    Note: not saying epic is a girls phone. Not even implying. Just worked out that way.

It is for me!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S5

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LS2982 View Post

Really? I believe you are the only person on this planet that would prefer the Epic over the EVO.

I enjoy my evo, sure there are things I would improve on it, but the only other phone is compares to on Sprints network is the Epic and I am biased against Samsung for personal reasons for Evo imo.

You betcha... The phone is still on back order if you're trying to get a replacement. Haha.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Yea. So far the Evo is still #1.

I'd say so...
    Banned

wow....just wow

evo is great phone.. but it is long in the tooth.

still can hold its own..and the dev support is one of the best in size and activity.

but... if you can, i would wait for the next. which will be 4 months.. (total guess)

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

^ I 2nd that wow.

ROM
    Rooted Unrevoked 3

I love my EVO - the only one for me!
    Using the Full HDMI kernel by artlan and orrebmas with normal Sprint rom

Tried CyanogenMod 7.0.0-RC1

Tried Myn's Warm Z

Tried Kings Ultra Froyo Unleashed

Playing with my new "android" nook color

As long as you want to get a phone that will never be updated to Froyo....or Gingerbread and get completely no support from the phone manufacturer.

If you can say "yes" to those, then by all means go with the Epic!
    Thanked by:

had my evo since launch day and I still love it

ROM
    Stock

A rooted Evo is amazing with the dev community. You get bored, you can almost get a new phone by flashing a ROM. You want Gingerbread now, load up CM7, which now has 4G and will soon have full HDMI mirroring.

HDMI is a huge feature in my opinion, as is the kickstand. Even the long anticipated Verizon Thunderbolt doesn't have HDMI.

Battery life is often criticized, but I got the Seido extended battery and back and it's amazing. Can't kill the battery in a day, no matter how much I try to now.

When I upgrade, it will only be for a phone that has a vastly improved camera, as all the other features (such as dual core, screen enhancements, etc.) are only marginal improvements on a phone that I think is still on top of the game.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The Evo is still doing its thing. And coming from a Droid X the Evo should feel right at home in your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    As long as you want to get a phone that will never be updated to Froyo....or Gingerbread and get completely no support from the phone manufacturer.

If you can say "yes" to those, then by all means go with the Epic!
    The Epic is actually a great phone and has Froyo.......

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

I'd say the EVO is #1 overall but the EVO Shift is faster. Plus we should be seeing an EVO2 at CTIA in March

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

Everybody knows the Kyocera Echo is the new "favorite"on the Sprint network......all you Evo owners need to stop fooling yourselves and get with the DS (not Nintendo DS, but DS as in Kyocera's Dual Screen!!!!).

Nah, I'm just being sarcastic,LOL. I just got my Evo on Valentine's Day,and I can't put it down.....it's easily #1 on Sprint and at least in the Top 3 if it were on the other carriers networks. I only enjoyed being stock for 10 days before I rooted, but I am loving the "new life" right now. I'm not even concerned with new phones coming out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
    The Epic is actually a great phone and has Froyo.......
    Not for the average user...

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I got my EVO last November. Best decesion I ever made. If the EVO 2 comes out. I may just pay full for it if it has better specs