Anyway to get a lockscreen like this for free?
    FYI im not rooted , all stock

Thanks,

Ive search i did see some nice paid apps tho , wondering if any free one are out there.

Thanks
    03-02-2011 01:17 PM
    check some of the roms over at xda i think everyone callls it the vanilla lock screen. see if thats helps you
    03-02-2011 01:40 PM
    Anyway to get a lockscreen like this for free?
    FYI im not rooted , all stock

Thanks,

Ive search i did see some nice paid apps tho , wondering if any free one are out there.

Thanks
    The way to get it for free is to root and run an AOSP ROM like Cyanogenmod 6.1.2

Other than that I don't know of any free apps, so it looks like you will have to buy it or root.
    03-02-2011 01:54 PM
    Yea im looking thru the root Q & A 's now , I had the evo since Sept, felt like i didnt need to root , but i might do it. I come from an iphone where i was jailbroken and unlocked all myself , got to get the hang of the android OS and cusrtomizing things
    03-02-2011 02:00 PM
    You'd still need to root, but removing the htclockscreen apk will get you the vanilla lockscreen.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    03-02-2011 02:44 PM
    just root and then delete HtcLockscreen.apk no need to flash any dif rom is you dont want to
    03-02-2011 02:45 PM
    Or if your not wanting to root, you can use Widget Locker. Has Vanilla locks, and has Gingerbread ones now. Great app! May not be free, but worth the 2 bucks.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    ovdevil and maxima2k53 like this.
    03-02-2011 03:53 PM
    Or if your not wanting to root, you can use Widget Locker. Has Vanilla locks, and has Gingerbread ones now. Great app! May not be free, but worth the 2 bucks.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    Plus One on WidgetLocker!!!! Well worth the money, and the latest update makes it even better. Lots of little toys.

You can do a lot with it:

03-02-2011 07:17 PM
    thanks guys for the response, yea $2 aint bad at all i saw WidgetLocker
    I want to try root , etc..... when i had my jb iphone it seems little more simple but android seems to really give you freedom. I want to try the root first, and some custom roms just to do it and if i cant hand ill go back to stock/unroot.
    big thanks , what are the best most stable roms out may i ask?
    03-03-2011 09:32 AM
    Myn is nice if you like Sense, and CM7 is awesome if you want to try something totally different form Sense
    03-03-2011 09:40 AM
    Myn is nice if you like Sense, and CM7 is awesome if you want to try something totally different form Sense
    +1 for Myns thats what im currently using. But if you are just starting out, Fresh 3.5 is closest to stock with all the benefits of root, and very stable
    03-03-2011 12:11 PM
    Myn's also dropped a Frito based sense 2.0 ROM. It's called Myn's Z. Just saw a thread on XDA where they have a source ROM from the HTC Wildfire that has GB with Sense 2.1. So there could be some more cool stuff coming out soon.
    03-03-2011 12:22 PM
    I highly suggest Fresh Evo. Awesome sense rom.
    03-03-2011 07:06 PM
    Cool im going to do it this weekend when i get home, hope i can find a clear cut set of instructions, i see so many post and ways to do this so it can be overwhelming . maybe a youtube video i can follow huh cant wait
    03-04-2011 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD