1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lockscreen like this ?

Anyway to get a lockscreen like this for free?
    FYI im not rooted , all stock

Thanks,

Ive search i did see some nice paid apps tho , wondering if any free one are out there.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lockscreen like this ?-images.jpg  

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 tiamat 4.0.1 sbc

check some of the roms over at xda i think everyone callls it the vanilla lock screen. see if thats helps you
    EVOlution----the future of the smartphone

HAD TO RETIRE MY EVO FOR A EVO LTE

Quote Originally Posted by atom ant22 View Post
    Anyway to get a lockscreen like this for free?
    FYI im not rooted , all stock

Thanks,

Ive search i did see some nice paid apps tho , wondering if any free one are out there.

Thanks
    The way to get it for free is to root and run an AOSP ROM like Cyanogenmod 6.1.2

Other than that I don't know of any free apps, so it looks like you will have to buy it or root.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yea im looking thru the root Q & A 's now , I had the evo since Sept, felt like i didnt need to root , but i might do it. I come from an iphone where i was jailbroken and unlocked all myself , got to get the hang of the android OS and cusrtomizing things

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

You'd still need to root, but removing the htclockscreen apk will get you the vanilla lockscreen.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

just root and then delete HtcLockscreen.apk no need to flash any dif rom is you dont want to
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G/ NEXUS S4G
    Fresh Evo 4.2 + NOJ mods./CM7
    3.1 RA Recovery/CWM
    Fresh ROM: http://geekfor.me/

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Or if your not wanting to root, you can use Widget Locker. Has Vanilla locks, and has Gingerbread ones now. Great app! May not be free, but worth the 2 bucks.

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Or if your not wanting to root, you can use Widget Locker. Has Vanilla locks, and has Gingerbread ones now. Great app! May not be free, but worth the 2 bucks.

Plus One on WidgetLocker!!!! Well worth the money, and the latest update makes it even better. Lots of little toys.

You can do a lot with it:

Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

thanks guys for the response, yea $2 aint bad at all i saw WidgetLocker
    I want to try root , etc..... when i had my jb iphone it seems little more simple but android seems to really give you freedom. I want to try the root first, and some custom roms just to do it and if i cant hand ill go back to stock/unroot.
    big thanks , what are the best most stable roms out may i ask?

Myn is nice if you like Sense, and CM7 is awesome if you want to try something totally different form Sense
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock SGSIIE4GT

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Myn is nice if you like Sense, and CM7 is awesome if you want to try something totally different form Sense
    +1 for Myns thats what im currently using. But if you are just starting out, Fresh 3.5 is closest to stock with all the benefits of root, and very stable

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Myn's also dropped a Frito based sense 2.0 ROM. It's called Myn's Z. Just saw a thread on XDA where they have a source ROM from the HTC Wildfire that has GB with Sense 2.1. So there could be some more cool stuff coming out soon.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I highly suggest Fresh Evo. Awesome sense rom.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Cool im going to do it this weekend when i get home, hope i can find a clear cut set of instructions, i see so many post and ways to do this so it can be overwhelming . maybe a youtube video i can follow huh cant wait